aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

Toran

The thought of going back to work strangely enough or maybe its that I'm only working four days then I'm on holiday until 2014.

DominikaCupcake

When, i'm really... and i mean REALLY stressed, nothing can calm me down. But usually the things that work are music, video games and reading about topics of my interest. Or just looking at the pictures of chimpanzees. I know, sounds silly.

lao tzu

once anger gets a grip i am pretty much knobbled by it,i try to keep one eye on my mind in situations i know its likely to arise,realising it will pass. if i can just let it go before it takes a proper hold.i find being around groups of people is extremely stressful if i have to loiter or que up.it doesnt bother me if i am just passing through.once stressed i spend a lot of time muttering to myself cursing society and the system it has adapted to herd us like sheep.its strange but if i am with someone it doesnt bother me, its only when i am alone,which is pretty much all the time these days.

• Helpful 1

dmndsoul

my best calm down, in order: chocolate, music (cannibal corpse or mr. bungle),and ativan. better living through chemistry.

Wren

Music is the answer alot of the time.

• Helpful 1

Nedarb

Music, usually something aggressive. Taking a walk into the forest or creek by our house. Walking down to the river (also by our house) and just sit on the rocks, listening to nature

kara2689

Music, usually something aggressive. Taking a walk into the forest or creek by our house. Walking down to the river (also by our house) and just sit on the rocks, listening to nature

This is why I don't like winter time....I can't take walks on the beautiful farm I live on!! Some body said they liked sliding rocks in thier hands and listening to the noise. I like that too. I like the sound of small rocks clanking together lol.

Toran

This is why I don't like winter time....I can't take walks on the beautiful farm I live on!! Some body said they liked sliding rocks in thier hands and listening to the noise. I like that too. I like the sound of small rocks clanking together lol.

There is so much beauty in winter as well, its natures cycle representing death and then rebirth when spring arrives. It gives us an oppertunity to help wildlife when resources are scarce and see the unseen things when summer is here.

Its an oppertunity not to be missed.

Frankie

Going for a walk always works for me because I get distracted with what's going on around me  :)

aspiesw

A few things,

Josh - unless he upset me.

My dog. Always

Tickles (soft touch)

People playing with my hair

Ripping things like shredding stuff I guess

Punching stuff (don't really anymore)

Driving

Fiddling

Music (not always though)

Twiddling my hair

Loads if stuff but for different things!

I've not actually realised it till now, but driving calms me down too, unless some idiot cuts me off, then I get annoyed, xD

• Helpful 1

Saveyourscissors

I've not actually realised it till now, but driving calms me down too, unless some idiot cuts me off, then I get annoyed, xD

Hehe, It calms me down loads, but I get major road rage too!! I hate bad drivers!!!

• Helpful 2

Frankie

Hehe, It calms me down loads, but I get major road rage too!! I hate bad drivers!!!

I miss driving but I don't need a car on this treasure island, has a good bus service, I got my bus pass & it costs nothing  :D

kara2689

There is so much beauty in winter as well, its natures cycle representing death and then rebirth when spring arrives. It gives us an oppertunity to help wildlife when resources are scarce and see the unseen things when summer is here.

Its an oppertunity not to be missed.

Yeah I know winter has a purpose but Most of my hobbies are outside or just being outside. Kids also get very hyper being cooped up. They do go outside in winter but not a lot. I guess if I have other things to focus on during winter it's not so bad.

I really like driving also to relax. I have plenty of back country roads.

aspiesw

My instructor has to calm me down sometimes, I get that angry over drivers - qualified drivers! I drive better than some of them  :lol:

Pinky and his brain

Funny how several of you feel relaxed by driving. Driving (alone) is probably the only place and time I feel calm and relaxed. Maybe driving is a special aspie thing. :)

Disappeared

Nothing.

Nesf

Funny how several of you feel relaxed by driving. Driving (alone) is probably the only place and time I feel calm and relaxed. Maybe driving is a special aspie thing. :)

I don't know about that, I think some find it stressful. In one job I had, it used to be a great source of relief when I went to take students home and pick them up between lessons at the school. Mostly it was being like a taxi driver, they sat in the back and didn't bother me while driving. One of the reasons why I left that school was because the owner decided she was going to cut out these lifts to students and that would mean back to back lessons without a break, and I couldn't take that.

jr20

I just play online games, listen to "alternative rock" music..makes me calm down (a bit) :D

kara2689

Maybe. Wonder how good of drivers it makes us lol.

Tonzofun

N.W.A (Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, MC Ren and DJ Yella)

Toran

This morning its sitting in front of a warm fire christmas decorations are on and im on the forum im feeling very calm.

• Helpful 2

Toran

Its beautiful and sunny out and im just getting ready to go out for a few things I need to get.

I feel calm as the weathers calm and sunny that's a help as it can lift my moods .

Nesf

Its beautiful and sunny out and im just getting ready to go out for a few things I need to get.

I feel calm as the weathers calm and sunny that's a help as it can lift my moods .

I'm greatly affected by the weather too, Winter is the worse time of year and spring is the best. I also feel the cold a lot.

aspiesw

I just play online games, listen to "alternative rock" music..makes me calm down (a bit) :D

I love alternative rock, it's quite ironic how something so loud and aggressive can calm me down so much

I'm greatly affected by the weather too, Winter is the worse time of year and spring is the best. I also feel the cold a lot.

I have a bad tendency to get depressed in the winter, ironically, winter is my favourite season, biscuits, hot chocolate, chunky knits, warm fires etc. these can all help me relax in the winter

Toran

Looking at the christmas decorations in a darkened room thats very relaxing and calming takes away some of the stress.

• Helpful 1