aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

Bongo

Trying to think of solutions to dealing with my problems, and planning ahead because you can't change the past.

Heather

A few things help me.  Sometimes I do listen to music to calm me down but I am not as into music as most people.  Meditation videos on YouTube can help, but I don't do that often.

Sometimes I ramble about what's upsetting me to the people around me, if I'm close to them, so usually my boyfriend. But sometimes my mom or even other family members if I really need to say something and for some reason they are the only ones there.

I started crocheting awhile back and doing that can help calm me down, especially just simple crochet stitches over and over. 

Sometimes just random drawing helps, not anything specific, just random doodles.  I know in the past sometimes if I'm frustrated I just let out my frustration by scribbling on paper. :P

And also I watch videos a lot of time to calm me down.  A lot of times on YouTube, but I also watch episodes.. like from Gilmore Girls, one of my favourite shows from high school, it's just kind of nice and comforting at times.

If I have chocolate in the house, I sometimes go for that if I'm upset to try and calm down. lol

Jale

Wandering through my house and touching stuff in certain way and order while listening to "The Cult".

I can do that whole day.

Or spinning some object like coin, or remote controler or pen - I can do that for hours

It helps me get rid of all that input that is unpredictable, because if it is predictable I dont have to worry what the outcome will be so I can use my brain power to concentate more efficienty and narrowly on some problems and tasks like learning or thinking about what the hell should I supose to do in certain social situations.

Saveyourscissors

A few things,

Josh - unless he upset me.

My dog. Always

Tickles (soft touch)

People playing with my hair

Ripping things like shredding stuff I guess

Punching stuff (don't really anymore)

Driving

Fiddling

Music (not always though)

Twiddling my hair

Loads if stuff but for different things!

Nedarb

Watching Austin Powers or anything stupid, or lately its been listening to 40 Winks. Playing Destroy all Humans and just causing mayhem and destruction to the town helps me deal with my aggression at times. Other things too, it depends on how I'm feeling

Toran

The thought of going back to work strangely enough or maybe its that I'm only working four days then I'm on holiday until 2014.

DominikaCupcake

When, i'm really... and i mean REALLY stressed, nothing can calm me down. But usually the things that work are music, video games and reading about topics of my interest. Or just looking at the pictures of chimpanzees. I know, sounds silly.

lao tzu

once anger gets a grip i am pretty much knobbled by it,i try to keep one eye on my mind in situations i know its likely to arise,realising it will pass. if i can just let it go before it takes a proper hold.i find being around groups of people is extremely stressful if i have to loiter or que up.it doesnt bother me if i am just passing through.once stressed i spend a lot of time muttering to myself cursing society and the system it has adapted to herd us like sheep.its strange but if i am with someone it doesnt bother me, its only when i am alone,which is pretty much all the time these days.

dmndsoul

my best calm down, in order: chocolate, music (cannibal corpse or mr. bungle),and ativan. better living through chemistry.