aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

Andrew004

Exercise and deep breathing/meditation seem to calm me down, but only for a short while.

(deleted)

Exercise and deep breathing/meditation seem to calm me down, but only for a short while.

I also only stay calm for a short while. I usually calm down when I do the things that calm me down but it only lasts until I stop doing that activity and do something else.

hpar01

i get meltdowns and i dont like them so i do my best to prevent them what i like to do best is to have a couple of days a week wher i just sit and cry for a couple of hours and think of everything that has upeset me over the past few days so yea i sit and i cry about everything i can think would have upset me over the past few days and when things occur at home i tend to go upstairs and if ive had my dinner and gone to bed i sit and i cry for as long as it takes to get it all out of my system but if its out in public say at school or something i paint a smile on my face listen to some happy upbeat music and dont let it get to me till my i suuppose you could call it a stress out session or something along those lines yea but it works i havent had a meltdown for about 5 or 6 months and i am starting to feel normal for once maybe not normal as such but i am starting to feel a lot happier

EriBug

Music - definitely.  I tend to go for rock or metal because then I don't have to listen to what's going around me.  I also enjoy singing, drawing and baking when I'm stressed, though sometimes it just takes an hour of total meltdown and a good-night's-sleep to get me back on track.

Cosmic

I'm listening to music most of time, even when I'm playing video games. It's helpful, and my main tool to combat anxiety. 

Cosmic

i get meltdowns and i dont like them so i do my best to prevent them what i like to do best is to have a couple of days a week wher i just sit and cry for a couple of hours 

The only thing that calms me during and after a meltdown or a shutdown is isolation, and a nap. I just need time alone to 'recharge my batteries'. 

Tylermc

Going for a run on a tridemill my dogs always come me down going too the seaside painting and drawing and my fave app on my iPad rainy mood is very calming

Northern Lass

exercising, playing games and listening to music.

Bruce

Playing my video games, obviously & I love the music in them, it helps with getting feel of area & suitable boss themes, etc. Then, drinking coffee/energy drinks, especially if anxious.... My support worker could verify that! Other music, too, depending on moods

null

Listening to music really helps calm me down. I actually find that listening to something with thumping bass actually helps bring out any negative mood in a nice, safe way, although sometimes I will opt for something calmer