aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

sarahjanesoprano

For me, it depends on the situation. If I've had a hard, tiring day, then just watching some of my favourite TV shows will work. If, as I have been experiencing recently, I'm extremely tense - potentially on the verge of a panic attack - then colouring books can be good, or pretty much anything that I have to focus on (something like painting my nails or making jewellery - neither TV nor books, both of which I love, will work completely).

RiRi

It depends, sometimes listening to music, sometimes listening to calming sounds such as rain. But drawing always calms me.

Edited by Makelets

aspiesw

I find if I don't have a ride on my favourite train (Class 150 or Class 153/155/156) for an extended period of time, I begin to get mood swings, become irritable, and just in general not a nice person to be around, interesting that!

Michael2525

Being on top of the moors where there are no people. That works for me. Nature is such a soothing healer.

Nesf

Being on top of the moors where there are no people. That works for me. Nature is such a soothing healer.

I spend my early childhood living up on the moors :)

nikkiDT

Stimming is usually helps.  Music without words--like jazz or classical-- calms me down pretty quickly.  Or looking at these kooky, moving patterns online.   But nothing works better than a little sleep.

No Longer Here

I grew up in Yorks. I spent a lot of my childhood and adolescence out walking on the North Yorks Moors, The Dales and The Peak District. Although we have beautiful countryside where I live now I do miss the ruggedness of the moors.

Skylark

Solitude, walking in the countryside (on a good day), music, sunshine, distractions (films, internet).

Extraterrarian

Certain books or tv shows that I read/watch again and again. Music (sometimes), warm water, layers of weight/blankets.