aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

Sofi

A mix of rock and pop, and a bit of Indie/Hip Hop, I love Diana Vickers, she's perfect

Omg, I love Diana Vickers too, I like your picture. I've seen her live when she did her X Factor tour, I only went to it to see her. She's perfect

aspiesw

Omg, I love Diana Vickers too, I like your picture. I've seen her live when she did her X Factor tour, I only went to it to see her. She's perfect

She is perfect. I look up to her. I really want to see her!

Shōnen Bat

Music is a big one for me as well, usually something relaxing like Stars Of The Lid or Olaf Aarnalds if I want to calm down. Walking in the forest is very good as well but it feels aimless and unfocused unless I am out with my dog. Solving problems helps as well, as long as I can solve them, if I choose some I can't do then it makes it worse!

I also have a collection of polished stones, when I am anxious I like to take 2 of them and turn them over and over whilst sliding them against each other. That's a pretty rubbish description but the tactile sensation of 2 smooth
surfaces sliding over each other and the faint noise they make and the smooth sounding click as I flip them against each other is very therapeutic for me.

King_oni

Usually zoning out for a few days... yes.. .a few days. I cannot calm down by doing something for 30 minutes.

I must add however, I tend to engage in hobby activities to calm down and "de-stress" and most of those activities aren't necessarily things one should do in short bursts IMO. It doesn't keep me in the zone as much, considering most of them are creative processes which just need to flourish a bit over time.

The prime example would be painting wargaming miniatures. Though having paints all around annoys me enough, and packing and unpacking them daily bothers me as well. So I rather have my set-up be there and paint for hours on end to get it done and then pack it all up again. And I guess the same can be said about recording/writing music. If I need to take a break to get a bit of new perspective to complete something I'm working on, that's fine... having to take a break because I have other stuff to do clearly is not. It's also a reason why life gets in the way to most thing I want to do. Which creates a vicious circle cause I'll get stressed out for not getting stuff done... which makes me need to calm down, ad infinitum.

Nesf

A mix of rock and pop, and a bit of Indie/Hip Hop, I love Diana Vickers, she's perfect

I like prog rock, folk rock and metal. I don't know Diana Vickers.

Ben

Do Nootropics work ?

It depends what you get. Some of the racetams are quite good, some aren't. My favourite nootropic has to be Thiamine; or a Thiamine variant called Sulbutiamine. For me, it works a bit like caffeine would do, without having all the jitters and heart palpitations. I also notice a drop in social inhibition as well as improved cognition. Also, any variant of Niacin above 1000mg works for me just like a stiff drink would do. I find it to calm me significantly as well as completely lift depression. 

My advice to anyone would be to keep it natural. Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) and fish oils would be a good start. Begin the vitamin C at 1000mg to build your tolerance and work your way up. If you go above this off the bat, you might have some toilet complications. But once you get used to it, you'll be able to work up to higher doses without any issues. 

A couple of strongish B complex tablets to cover all bases is also a good move. If you're inclined to drink, then look into L-Glutamine as well. 

Some nootropics however, are overpriced useless shit. A contact I Email regularly; who has his own nootropic business, says nothing beats high dose Vitamin C. 

Boobookittyfrag

Of course, it would be advisable to consult a doctor before even trying any of those things even if they are natural...

Ben

A lot of them are quite keen to talk about it. It's a subject that interests most doctors. 

I'll add to the above disclaimer though.

Never take anything you don't fully understand. Always do intense research and watch videos and lectures. Don't just pluck the first thing you find from an internet search. You need to have an intimate understanding of what you're taking. If not >>DON'T<< take it. 

If you're really in doubt, either talk to a doctor and get his verdict and take on board his advice; or just don't take it. - Which is probably the easiest thing to do. 

Nintendo2

Music T.V and walking helps me at times with stress and talking to someone I really like talking to.