aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

Kuribo [old account]

Nothing.

Nesf

Funny how several of you feel relaxed by driving. Driving (alone) is probably the only place and time I feel calm and relaxed. Maybe driving is a special aspie thing. :)

I don't know about that, I think some find it stressful. In one job I had, it used to be a great source of relief when I went to take students home and pick them up between lessons at the school. Mostly it was being like a taxi driver, they sat in the back and didn't bother me while driving. One of the reasons why I left that school was because the owner decided she was going to cut out these lifts to students and that would mean back to back lessons without a break, and I couldn't take that.

jr20

I just play online games, listen to "alternative rock" music..makes me calm down (a bit) :D

kara2689

Funny how several of you feel relaxed by driving. Driving (alone) is probably the only place and time I feel calm and relaxed. Maybe driving is a special aspie thing. :)

Maybe. Wonder how good of drivers it makes us lol.

Toran

This morning its sitting in front of a warm fire christmas decorations are on and im on the forum im feeling very calm.

Toran

Its beautiful and sunny out and im just getting ready to go out for a few things I need to get.

I feel calm as the weathers calm and sunny that's a help as it can lift my moods .

Nesf

Its beautiful and sunny out and im just getting ready to go out for a few things I need to get.

I feel calm as the weathers calm and sunny that's a help as it can lift my moods .

I'm greatly affected by the weather too, Winter is the worse time of year and spring is the best. I also feel the cold a lot.

aspiesw

I just play online games, listen to "alternative rock" music..makes me calm down (a bit) :D

I love alternative rock, it's quite ironic how something so loud and aggressive can calm me down so much

I'm greatly affected by the weather too, Winter is the worse time of year and spring is the best. I also feel the cold a lot.

I have a bad tendency to get depressed in the winter, ironically, winter is my favourite season, biscuits, hot chocolate, chunky knits, warm fires etc. these can all help me relax in the winter

Toran

Looking at the christmas decorations in a darkened room thats very relaxing and calming takes away some of the stress.