aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

kara2689

Looking at the christmas decorations in a darkened room thats very relaxing and calming takes away some of the stress.

Yes it is!! Makes the rest of the winter sad.

When the decorations are put awaythat is

Toran

Yes it is!! Makes the rest of the winter sad.When the decorations are put awaythat is

I agree there when the decorations are coming down there is a negative feeling around that takes awhile to forget as you move on to other things.

Frankie

I'm struggling to calm justnow, my chips have been p****d on & in an odd mood I not felt for ages :(

StormCrow

go out into the woods, Tai Chi Chuan, or video games.

Xmas

go out into the woods, Tai Chi Chuan, or video games.

I went to the woods because I want to live deliberately, to front the only essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau.

MrGrey

It takes days.  I disconnect myself from everything and just play some good TV-Show (anime usually) episode after episode.  Then sleep, or try to, till I succeed (a few more days).  And when I wake up, I'm back to be myself again.

arvut

Music...

Mostly uplifting trance (from 1999 to mid 00's). I think that whatever music you got into when you were in you mid teens will always stay as the favourite genre.

Jazz (the oldschool stuff from the 30's), thelonious monk n such, can be very neat. The homeland series awoke my interest for all that.

Certain classical masterpieces by Brahms, Chopin, Dvorak (which is both my favourite keyboard layout and classical composer of all time).

But as Babadakad mentioned, sports is a perfect mindsoothener too. Whenever its martial arts, cycling, running or any other physical activity that demand a certain focus to master.

Anything that takes my mind to a special place really. Heck, it can even be the simple but yet undeniable desire to stare at a female body for awhile.

Ultimately I'd say "finding perfection" is the thing that does the little trick of calming you down. For me perfection is nature, nature as in the world around us, seen by a scientists perspective.

Rich07

Generally music calms me down, but reading a book or playing a video game are also good distractions which help me calm down.

Toran

Knowing the truth to begin with not have people telling you lies or saying nothing. If we were told the facts as they happen there would be less need for looking for ways to calm yourself down.

Caroline

When I'm really stressed and I'm at home, I'll go to the bathroom. There is a small electric heater: the repetitive noise of it and the warm air calm me down. I'd stay the whole day in front of it...