aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

Ala

Other than finding distractions, listening to my boyfriends heartbeat really calms me down.

Edited by AJU

greenerthanyou

TV and movies, but especially tv. I'll watch the following:

the golden girls

Frasier

Etc

Basically, funny shows that I used to watch when I was a kid/teen that I still find funny.

In general though, watching anything funny works. I also like watching British murder mysteries like Poirot, Miss Marple, etc.

I forgot: bike rides and sitting by the water (a super large lake where I can't see the end or the ocean)

brookeloveslotr

TV and movies, but especially tv. I'll watch the following:

the golden girls

Frasier

Etc

Basically, funny shows that I used to watch when I was a kid/teen that I still find funny.

In general though, watching anything funny works. I also like watching British murder mysteries like Poirot, Miss Marple, etc.I forgot: bike rides and sitting by the water (a super large lake where I can't see the end or the ocean)

I also like funny shows that I watched as a kid/teen. Mind you, I still go to Disney Channel and Nick shows because I love how the humor can make me laugh without it delving into sex jokes like most adult comedies do. I really tried to get into Rules of Engagement, but the constant jokes of sex threw me off. It's just not my cup of tea. I have nothing against sex in general, I just don't think it's needed so much for comedy. Plus I still tend to like Disney Channel music (most of it, anyway) because I like the meaningful lyrics.

221BTardisMockingJay

If I'm angry, it's listening to music, talking out all of mean things I wanted to say and repeatedly rehashing whatever made me mad, until I've gotten it out of my system

and angry cleaning my room or playing a violent video game.

if I'm stressed out, overwhelmed or just really edgy, it's a very soothing smells, like scented candles or those wall plug-ins, music and sometimes tugging at my hair and/or writing or going on pinterest.

I also should note that I don't hurt myself when I pull on my hair, I don't cause myself pain or ripe it out or anything.

Edited by 221BTardisMockingJay

221BTardisMockingJay

I agree there when the decorations are coming down there is a negative feeling around that takes awhile to forget as you move on to other things.

It's March and I still have my Christmas Tree up... I still don't want to take it down.

Rocco

Nature, a female voice, water, music, herb.

Little Pink Coupe

After a hard day out in the social world, it usually helps if I can come back to my room, turn all the lights off, put my phone on silent, get into bed and wrap myself up in my blankets with all my plushies and just crash for a few hours. :) Listening to music and looking at all the images related to my special interests I have saved in my laptop helps, too. 

DominikaCupcake

Meditation really helps, but i still think that meltdown helps best because i get rid off of the most of my negative emotions during meltdown. But meltdown aren't socially acceptable.

Sherbert

I always listen to music whenever I can but it has to be through headphones, because then, I feel like I am in my own world. I guess that makes it my 'happy place'?

Xenolith

Periodic motion is the ultimate relaxant for me, for some reason. If I'm stressed, I just retreat into my head and think of a sine wave or a pendulum. I have no idea why this is so therapeutic, but it works brilliantly.