Chris123

No Interest In A Serious Relationship.

Chris123

I'm 15 now and never had a girlfriend, I was only ever proper friends with one girl and i don't see her anymore.

I have no confidence with girls at all!

It's all because of past experiences and the fact that whenever i try to talk they just reject me..

(okay im fairly overweight and not the most handsome guy out there but working on it)

And now i just have no interest in ever trying to have a serious relationship.

But i just can't stand the thought of going through life alone?

Any suggestions on how to maybe communicate better with girls?

Or anything?

(And no, boys are not for me)

Sorry if this makes no sense, i just type what comes to my head :unsure:

Willow

It seems crazy to me that you're even thinking about a relationship at 15! No offense of course, it just seems like, even though I'm only 21, things have changed. I know people were 'dating' (and I used that term loosely) when I was around that age, but it wasn't something everyone was doing. And it certainly wasn't something that people were worried about or had already had bad experiences with.

If you'd not said you're age I would have guessed around 30 I think!

School is not the best place to try and find someone to have a serious relationship with. Sometimes childhood sweethearts last but not always, it's rare I think. You really don't need to be worrying about this now - just concentrate on getting your grades. You have PLENTY of time to meet new people and 'settle' down when you're grown up!

I've known my partner for 8 years or so, since we were 13, but we didn't start dating until we were 17, which is still too soon for most people, and a lot of friends and family didn't take our relationship seriously. We've been together for 4 years now and engaged for 3. He was my first boyfriend, at 17. I hadn't worried that I needed a boyfriend before then though, I really wasn't bothered.

You're very young, please don't worry about this now. Peer pressure probably plays more a part in this than anything else.

Ben

I'm 15 now and never had a girlfriend.... 

Go figure. 

I was nearly 19 when I met my first girlfriend. - Looking back, even that was probably too young for how serious it got. 

Don't throw away your best years chasing women around. You've plenty of time for that later. 

Peridot

Be yourself. That's the best advice. Say what's on your mind when you speak to a girl. Like for instance what you typed in this thread. If that's what's on your mind, then say that to a girl.

Edited by Peridot

Chris123

It's not necessarily right now at this age i know it's wayyy to young..

It just seems me and girls just don't seem to get on and i don't want it to be like that later in life.

I guess it's just finding the right girl i suppose.

Sorry if asking this affected anyone, I was just thinking about the future and it was on my mind. :)

iggy

If your school is anything like mine, then everyone wants to "appear" like they're all getting into relationships and things, but the reality is most of them aren't, and any "relationships" won't last more than a few months really.  I agree with everyone else, there is no point worrying about this now, even if it feels important to you right now, and people change a lot - even in a year or two so you might be able to talk to some girls without being rejected when everyone matures a bit more.

Kaygee

I had my first "serious" girlfriend when I was 16 years old. It lasted nearly three years.

I then had a 6 year relationship with my daughter's mother.

I am presently in a marriage that has lasted a little over 3 years, and have been in the relationship for 6 years.

There is no "right age" to start getting serious or start dating. You will know. During all of these long term relationships that i mentioned above, I thought, "This is the one" only to find out that I was wrong and that there was more ahead of me.

You, my friend, have A LOT more ahead of you!!!

Sofi

I agree too, don't worry about it. I am 24 and never had a relationship or even interest in having one until this year, or interest in me until then, but I don't know about relationships. I want one too though and I think I know who with. It is a hard topic though, relationships, I think just be yourself. 

What sort of past experiences have you had already? It will happen when it is meant to happen I think. 

Kuribo [old account]

I'm also fifteen. There is a girl I like, and I have obsessed about one boy in the past, but I've come to realise that these are mostly just one-sided infatuations based upon what I imagine certain emotions would feel like, as opposed to something that could become serious. 

Dating in high school is pointless. These relationships will likely never come to anything, and people often engage in them only for the drama. It's almost like a game to them.