Chris123

No Interest In A Serious Relationship.

Alex

I'm 18 now, soon to be 19, and I can tell you that when I was your age, I was not the least bit ready for a relationship! My life was very confusing. I was having lots of problems in school. I didn't know about my diagnosis (atleast not until later that year)... I could go on!

Then there were a couple of years were a relationship was completely out of the question for me. And then last year the opportunity presented itself to me, and she was very sweet, a very nice person indeed, but just not right for me, if that makes sense... Well, now things are a little bit different, I suppose... To be realistic, there would probably still be problems, but I think I've gotten used to it by now!

Anyway, just take it easy mate. Things will come along naturally as you, and they, grow older and more mature. Trust me, you will never go through life completely alone...

Ben

Trust me, you will never go through life completely alone...

Unfortunately not, no. All I want is a bit of peace and quiet without the Avon lady knocking at my door. 

Alex

Unfortunately not, no. All I want is a bit of peace and quiet without the Avon lady knocking at my door. 

Unfortunately, every time you make jokes about things we don't have here, I have to do google searches to find out what you're talking about... But it's very funny when I finally do understand!

aspiesw

In a way, I understand what you're talking about, I'm 21 without a boyfriend, have several previous relationships, haven't had a proper one since 2009 (getting off topic). But you're only 15, you have your whole life ahead of you, focus on getting good grades, following your dreams and just having a good time, the girl of your dreams will turn up :)

King_oni

I agree with what others say; 15 isn't an age to worry about a girlfriend yet, nor the drive or lack thereof to be in one.

When I was 15 I had other stuff going on in my life; videogames, movies and then some. Girls were not a pressing matter back then. But then again; I was so out of touch with the outside world it didn't even occur to me that girls and dating should be going on at some point.

More often I hear about young to mid-teens who are talking about wanting to have a relationship and worrying over it, and if it's weird they're still single. I sometimes wonder if it's something that's going on in this day and age, where everyone on tv and online is in a relationship and in general makes it look that it's the thing you must do/have. Not to long ago I read an article how teens are suffering from more stress than years ago because of all the things they're exposed to and thus being told to "care" about. It starts with girlfriends and it ends with the brand of phone you want.

But no... I don't think you should worry too much over it right now.

KimmyWSmith

At your age, I wasn't even allowed to date.  But when I did date, I always had a boyfriend.  I WISH I had stayed single and learned to deal with my traits.  In the 1980's, not many people had heard of Aspergers, much less diagnosed someone with it.  I fell into a few fairly controlling relationships.  I suppose it was easier to just be controlled than date.  Wait until you are comfortable.  At 15, it seems like you want someone; but there are many problems that come with relationships.   

Nesf

I didn't start dating until my early 20s and didn't have a lasting relationship until a lot later. Until then I couldn't even imagine having a boyfriend. if I were you I wouldn't be in such a hurry to have a relationship, let things take their natural course.

Peridot

People want to grow up too fast nowadays.

Ben

People want to grow up too fast nowadays.

I'm already testing out Stena stairlifts and customising my pension book. 

Alex

I'm already testing out Stena stairlifts and customising my pension book. 

Have you ever considered a career in comedy/entertainment?