Sign in to follow this  
Sofi

'borderline Paranoid Schizophrenia' And 'schizotypal'

Sofi

This is what my psychiatrist tells me that I have but I'm worried that I don't really have it and I'm worried too about the stigma of schizophrenia. I even might have thought about the stigma of it, before this, but now if it is true that I have this, then the stigma is not true. I think this is far too extreme though, I know the things in my head are not real I have learnt that now but I still get carried away with them sometimes. I have a lot of delusions. I know I have a lot of paranoia problems though, that's the main problem. I just don't know if I can believe her on this.

Kuribo [old account]

Maybe you could find a support forum related to Schizophrenia and see if you can relate to what people say there. This might help to clarify things for you.

Mike_GX101

I love the film "A Beautiful Mind" with Russell Crowe.  It always brings tears to my eyes.  I find that film most upsetting.

But I suppose if you've been diagnosed with it then it would be different than if you'd just been burgled and were shocked and alarmed at every little sound and noise and were constantly checking the blinds and the locks and the alarms.  If you'd just been burgled or you'd found an intruder and chased them away then it would be understandable that you'd be on high alert and be really concerned for your safety and all.  But if it goes beyond that and there is no practical rational reason for you to be alarmed when you are, and if an expert has diagnosed your condition, then perhaps you have to go along with it.

In 'A Beautiful Mind' John Nash (played by Russell Crowe) thinks his psychiatrist is a Russian agent involved in the elaborate conspiracy he believes he is involved in.  He ends up punching the psychiatrist and gets restrained and placed in a hospital for many weeks.  It is most distressing to say the least and Russell Crowe plays the part brilliantly.

I think if you've been clinically tested and diagnosed that you should relax and go along with the programme.

Edited by Mike_GX101

Nesf

I think you need to find some way of dealing with the paranoia because it's leading to a vicious circle where your paranoia is causing the very problems that you're paranoid about. That's something you definitely need to get under control. Have you always had these feelings of paranoia? It seems to me that they are getting worse. The label of diagnosis doesn't matter, what does matter is that you get treatment for it.

Sofi

I was praying very much that I just would not wake up ever again but i did at 6.43 but not to be in the group today and not at all until my psychiatrist decides i can. 

spiderwoman0_2

This is what my psychiatrist tells me that I have but I'm worried that I don't really have it and I'm worried too about the stigma of schizophrenia. I even might have thought about the stigma of it, before this, but now if it is true that I have this, then the stigma is not true. I think this is far too extreme though, I know the things in my head are not real I have learnt that now but I still get carried away with them sometimes. I have a lot of delusions. I know I have a lot of paranoia problems though, that's the main problem. I just don't know if I can believe her on this.

Sofi you have to believe what they tell you, they have worked and studied for years on the subject so they know what they're talking about.  Let them help you and treat you and you will feel so much better.

Sofi

Sofi you have to believe what they tell you, they have worked and studied for years on the subject so they know what they're talking about.  Let them help you and treat you and you will feel so much better.

Yes, they must be right, it's just hard to believe. I lived thinking I have no real problems and didn't want to accept it was a problem. I will have to try to let them help me, I'll just have to be honest about it. I am looking forward to this time when I feel better for real.

Sofi

i'm upset I've just had an argument. i can't go home on my birthday I'm too ill :( :( :( UNFAIR. CRUEL

Kuribo [old account]

i'm upset I've just had an argument. i can't go home on my birthday I'm too ill :( :( :( UNFAIR. CRUEL

I'm sorry to hear that. Will your mum be visiting?

Mike_GX101

Clearly you're online...can they not provide you with video conferencing facilities, say via a web cam and Skype?

Edited by Mike_GX101