specialstar

What are your hobbies

mary
That sounds a great way to spend a summers evening going out with your dog. What breed do you have?

I tend to go out on the walks of a morning... we used to get up at 6am on the dot and be out for at least an hour every morning, until winter hit and it started raining all the time.  She hates rain and refuses to walk in it, so that suits me just fine!! :)  We both love it when the air is crisp and fresh though :)

She's a patterdale, although she fails rather miserably at being one because she's far too tall.  I'd say she's too big but she's a skinny little thing and only weighs above breed standard because of her frame size.  I don't think she'd ever be able to hunt properly if she was a working dog because her ribs are far too broad, from what I've seen of other patterdales anyway.

I don't mind though as she's my sweet little dog who will never have to work a day in her life.  She is lying here asleep next to me now, her favourite place at night.

mary
Like eating raw steak and I have, not that much different from rare really but more rare and the taste of the blood is more peppery, but blue isn't uncooked.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-U8nkkbq4xV8/UFsxKbaa3CI/AAAAAAAADGA/BbGWSrmtfF8/s1600/degrees.jpeg

Even the thought of that... urgh!! :P

Actually that's a lie... the thought of me eating it is not so great, but that's a given considering I don't like meat.  I have been told that meat tastes best when served this way, although I can't quite see how as I was always one to cremate rather than undercook when I ate it!! ;)

Toran
I tend to go out on the walks of a morning... we used to get up at 6am on the dot and be out for at least an hour every morning, until winter hit and it started raining all the time.  She hates rain and refuses to walk in it, so that suits me just fine!! :)  We both love it when the air is crisp and fresh though :)

She's a patterdale, although she fails rather miserably at being one because she's far too tall.  I'd say she's too big but she's a skinny little thing and only weighs above breed standard because of her frame size.  I don't think she'd ever be able to hunt properly if she was a working dog because her ribs are far too broad, from what I've seen of other patterdales anyway.

I don't mind though as she's my sweet little dog who will never have to work a day in her life.  She is lying here asleep next to me now, her favourite place at night.

Thats lovelly enjoying the perfect bond how perfect is that.

Ben
Even the thought of that... urgh!! :P

Actually that's a lie... the thought of me eating it is not so great, but that's a given considering I don't like meat.  I have been told that meat tastes best when served this way, although I can't quite see how as I was always one to cremate rather than undercook when I ate it!! ;)

To me, the thought of a well done steak is just a waste. It tastes dry, and flavourless. Medium rare and under? now we're talking! You lock in all the moisture of the steak, and retain it's natural flavours. not only that, the sheer tenderness is to die for on a good rare cooked T bone, or  ribeye. The rarer the better imo. 

iggy

I love patterdales! Someone I know has a 3yr old who brought up a lost kitten. They're best friends, great dogs.

mary
Thats lovelly enjoying the perfect bond how perfect is that.

She sleeps next to me all night, never moves away, might just reposition herself.  From early evening though she'll want me to sit next to her on the couch, as she has her own spot with her blanket, and if someone else sits next to her she really isn't too sure about things.

You'd laugh though as she looks anything but my dog of a day when she's getting all excited because my brother or his gf have walked into the house.

mary
I love patterdales! Someone I know has a 3yr old who brought up a lost kitten. They're best friends, great dogs.

Aww how lovely.  They are indeed... tough little characters but so sweet.

Toran
She sleeps next to me all night, never moves away, might just reposition herself.  From early evening though she'll want me to sit next to her on the couch, as she has her own spot with her blanket, and if someone else sits next to her she really isn't too sure about things.

You'd laugh though as she looks anything but my dog of a day when she's getting all excited because my brother or his gf have walked into the house.

Dogs love unconditional dont they dont expect anything in return so much more reliable than most people.

mary

To me, the thought of a well done steak is just a waste. It tastes dry, and flavourless. Medium rare and under? now we're talking! You lock in all the moisture of the steak, and retain it's natural flavours. not only that, the sheer tenderness is to die for on a good rare cooked T bone, or  ribeye. The rarer the better imo. 

I did say that I have been told that meat tastes at it's best served that way.  I have unfortunately never liked the texture of meat, for as long as I can remember, so no amount of cooking, or not cooking, was going to change the way I felt about it.  However, what I will say was that it somehow felt a better texture if it was cooked really well done, I don't know why.  Now that I'm older I still choose not to eat meat, but I do appreciate that others like it and I'd never dream of not cooking it for people who want it, and how they wished to eat it no less.