Bongo

Relationship Preference (As And Non-As)

brokenOne

After my experiences with NT relationships i am rather curious as to how it would work with an Aspie. But much like nichii111, ive pretty much given up on relationships.

Charlie M

The longest relationship I had was like 9 months and it was with an NT. They are hard work :/ Someone who is smart enough to understand is enough for me. It woyld be cool to both have that unique level of understanding though. I don't think an NT really can understand fully what it's like.

Marmite

I have preferences like everyone and i have high standards but weather she had autism or not i dont care. I see a woman for who she is, not what she isn't. I don't see disability, just the person.

Harrow

I was thinking about this recently. I am currently seeing someone an NT but it's only going be a short term relationship, seen I'm leaving soon for Dubai. And it's all good. But honestly if it was long term it wouldn't workout and she agrees. The problem is there isn't much understanding. I can appear normal mostly (like an NT)  but when im not able to it causes trouble. Not that she isn't supportive she is, she just doesn't know how to deal with it and neither do I. 

And I know love can happen between anyone regardless anything. 

But I think it would be nice to date an As girl, I generally take control of most things and I don't mind been the one that works. Shopping, socializing, sorting things out and all that. But it would be nice to have someone that understands me and has the same problems, it also may be nice, because I'll know how to be there for them. Because currently I'm not good at that :mellow:

Whoknows

I just care about being comfortable with the person I would be with. :lol:

I wouldn't feel good, otherwise. :mellow:

I don't care if the person has Asperger's or not.

Little Guy
On 11/16/2013 at 3:30 PM, Sofi said:

How could I Learn about relationships? I really want to learn

Practice and learn. No one starts out with a perfect relationship. The first one or first fifty may not work out; don't be afraid to move on. But only move on when you understand where you both are. The worst is a codependent relationship where you spend all your time trying "fix" the other person - happens to alcoholics/drugs partners a lot.

Straight talk from the beginning. Everything you need to know about someone can be seen from the first time you sit down for coffee or dinner; if only you have the courage to believe it. Many people come into relationships so needy that they choose to overlook the telltale signs ... abusive, unsupportive, fawning, alcohol (do you both sip or does he/she have three to your one), narcissistic, controlling, etc.

Eliza

This is a topic I've never really thought about--interesting. It could be very helpful, sort of yin and yang.

Wotan

For whatever reason, I do best with bipolar women. Every women besides my ex that told me they were bipolar, I got along with well. It's just too bad most of them lived too far for a relationship to last. Most women with aspergers that I've met have been either asexual, or have a low sex drive. Bipolar women are the exact opposite in my experience and I myself am hypersexual. 

PandaPrincess

I think that being with someone who also has AS would be nice because I don't like it when NTs play their little mind games with each other, and you can't tell if they like you or not.  It drives me crazy.   I would like someone who is very direct so that that way I don't have to guess what they're thinking.  Also, sometimes people with AS are very calm and cool, and they're more on the rational side rather than on the emotional side, which is good because sometimes I become completely overwhelmed by my emotions, and I freak out about things a lot, but when I discuss things with the other person, and they don't get emotional about it too, and they just stay calm and cool, then it actually calms me down  a good bit because I don't have to deal with their emotions on top of mine, and it makes me realize that I'm probably freaking out over nothing :).

I also think it would be nice to have someone around who knows exactly what I'm going through and doesn't judge me for it or try to change me in anyway.