Bongo

Relationship Preference (As And Non-As)

aspiesw

I definitely prefer friendships with other Aspies than NTs, I feel like I can connect more with an Aspie, I feel like me and the other Aspie completely understand each other, I constantly have to watch what I say around an NT, but it's different with Aspies

Toran

I definitely prefer friendships with other Aspies than NTs, I feel like I can connect more with an Aspie, I feel like me and the other Aspie completely understand each other, I constantly have to watch what I say around an NT, but it's different with Aspies

I have to agree there I'm in a group now with six other aspies coming to terms with being diagnosed with Aspergers. I feel very comfortable in their company it's nothing like being in a group of NTs. It's far more relaxed nobody judges each other it's the perfect setting and i love it.

FlanMaster

I don't have any diagnosed aspies in my area that I am aware of. I don't know what it would be like to have in person friendships with others.

Toran

IRd don't have any diagnosed aspies in my area that I am aware of. I don't know what it would be like to have in person friendships with others.

Does your local Autistic centre hold any group sessions?

FlanMaster

I live in a very poor area. I don't think most of them know what autism is. I don't think that there is a support group less than a 3 hour drive from here.

Toran

I live in a very poor area. I don't think most of them know what autism is. I don't think that there is a support group less than a 3 hour drive from here.

Have you tried talking to social services they may be able to help. I've lived in my area all my life and where I was tested was about three miles away. I've even been down the road its on and never saw it. Its only a phone call and there may be one you have never known about by you, worth a go isn't it?

aspiesw

Ironically, my last relationship (with a girl (before I realised I was gay)) was with an aspie. It ended badly, but while I was in it, I never felt so connected with anyone in my life, that's why I think I would prefer to date an aspie over an NT, if it were possible, we would both understand each other, which would make life so much easier

Toran

Ironically, my last relationship (with a girl (before I realised I was gay)) was with an aspie. It ended badly, but while I was in it, I never felt so connected with anyone in my life, that's why I think I would prefer to date an aspie over an NT, if it were possible, we would both understand each other, which would make life so much easier

Thats a very deep and complicated area relationships. If your in any relationship you will have good times and bad times. I dont think looking for a type works just go with life see where it takes you. You cant put logic into a relationship as its emotional and logic has no bearing on emotion. All you can do is follow your heart and try to interperate what its telling you.

aspiesw

Thats a very deep and complicated area relationships. If your in any relationship you will have good times and bad times. I dont think looking for a type works just go with life see where it takes you. You cant put logic into a relationship as its emotional and logic has no bearing on emotion. All you can do is follow your heart and try to interperate what its telling you.

I've become very insecure and a lot more self aware since I started acknowledging my AS, so it would be very hard for me to date an NT at the moment

Frankie

I'm not bothered if she's an Aspie or not, its if she's understanding that would be the main thing.