DavideC

My Thoughts In Public

DavideC

Hello:)

This is not a big problem, but I have to think about it every time I'm in the public. 

For example:

When I'm going outside for a walk, there are people (obviously). I then think how it would be, being another person and watching me as I walk and how I look to them. It feels strange and then I kinda begin to walk awkward, because I want to behave ``normal``. 

Also sometimes I listen to music when I have to go somewhere. As I'm walking, I have a feeling like everybody is watching me like I'm the only person in the world who listens to music while walking. :unsure:

I don't like it when people look at me because I don't know what they're thinking.

Have any of you experienced something like that? 

(If my english is BAD or MEAN or something just tell me ;) I'm learning)

Willow

I often think about other people and what their lives are like; what kind of house they live in, how many children and pets they have, what job they do - and if I see them in their car, if it's an expensive one, I wonder even more about what job they have etc. And around this time of year, I start to wonder a lot about what other people's Christmas Day's are like. I get quite carried away sometimes.

DavideC

I often think about other people and what their lives are like; what kind of house they live in, how many children and pets they have, what job they do - and if I see them in their car, if it's an expensive one, I wonder even more about what job they have etc. And around this time of year, I start to wonder a lot about what other people's Christmas Day's are like. I get quite carried away sometimes.

I also think quite alot about stuff like that. I also do that with objects, like where did it come from, who build or made it, where does the material com from, how long did it took to come to me and so on......

DominikaCupcake

When i was at your age i was also thinking that everyone at the street was staring at me and thinking negatively about me. I still hate when a person who is walking by looks me in the eyes. I think that all neurotypicals look at each other when they walk by, but i don't get why. It is some kind of social code that i've never figured out. A big part of this anxiety disappeard as i got older, so i hope (and i think) that you're going to be more comfortable in public after few years. I remember that i even used to get tears in my eyes when someone at the street was staring at me.

And besides, you don't have to write that your English is bad, because it isn't :) You're pretty good for someone your age who's living in a non-English-speaking country.

I do the same when i'm in a bus. I tend to make up individual stories of their lifes for each person in the bus in my head.

Edited by DominikaCupcake

DavideC

When i was at your age i was also thinking that everyone at the street was staring at me and thinking negatively about me. I still hate when a person who is walking by looks me in the eyes. I think that all neurotypicals look at each other when they walk by, but i don't get why. It is some kind of social code that i've never figured out. A big part of this anxiety disappeard as i got older, so i hope (and i think) that you're going to be more comfortable in public after few years. I remember that i even used to get tears in my eyes when someone at the street was staring at me.

And besides, you don't have to write that your English is bad, because it isn't :) You're pretty good for someone your age who's living in a non-English-speaking country.

I do the same when i'm in a bus. I tend to make up individual stories of their lifes for each person in the bus in my head.

Happy to hear that it can get better and also to hear that my english is good:)

spiderwoman0_2

I do this when I'm on a train, bus or in the car or a café/restaurant.

Sofi

I don't think I do this, I can't imagine at all what other people's lives might be like! I can't imagine what people might be thinking either but I just worry it's negatively about me or going to somehow get me into trouble but that's just being paranoid. I always worry in supermarkets in particular that someone's going to abduct me or tell the security guard something about me! I hate people staring at me. 

HalfFull

I used to be constantly thinking what passers-by were thinking of me, and imagined that I stood out. I think I only stand out as far as lack of eye contact goes especially in shops etc, but generally walking down the street, its probably not even that obvious, and for years the only time I've ever attracted the attention of youths when I'm just walking down the street was the kind driving past in cars and shouting unpleasant things, but I think they are looking for random people on their own, and that it happens to NTs too, so chances are I only stood out by being alone and not because I am different to other people. So on the whole I doubt many people think I look any different to most other people when I'm in a shopping street etc.

ASDCommunity

Hello:)

This is not a big problem, but I have to think about it every time I'm in the public. 

For example:

When I'm going outside for a walk, there are people (obviously). I then think how it would be, being another person and watching me as I walk and how I look to them. It feels strange and then I kinda begin to walk awkward, because I want to behave ``normal``. 

Also sometimes I listen to music when I have to go somewhere. As I'm walking, I have a feeling like everybody is watching me like I'm the only person in the world who listens to music while walking. :unsure:

I don't like it when people look at me because I don't know what they're thinking.

Have any of you experienced something like that? 

(If my english is BAD or MEAN or something just tell me ;) I'm learning)

You are self conscious mate. You are different and you feel odd because you are different and you are worried that this difference is going to be a point of distraction or interest in others. I could tell you, probably not at all, but I am thinking that this is unlikely to get you worrying about those phantom looks whether they exist or not

Nesf

I walk around with big headphones listening to music, so sometimes people look at me because of that. But I don't know what they are thinking and whether they are having negative thoughts about me or not. frankly, I no longer care. As long as I'm minding my own business and not harming anyone, there's no reason to fear them. i get nervous around groups of teenagers, though, as they are more likely to bother me. I have no idea how I appear to other people, and whether they find me strange or not. No one ever tell me these things.