Bongo

Aspie Eyes

Sofi

I don't know. I don't like looking at eyes, and I don't tend to let people look into my eyes. I think my eyes look really young/innocent? for my age but I don't think they look magical lol. I have bad eyes because of my glasses though 

Dakohi

All I see is people with pretty coloured eyes.

Mine are just some kind of weird hazel brown blah. They're pretty magical 

*sarcasm*

Mike_GX101

Scopophobia is the fear of being watched or looked at by another person.  Perhaps eye-to-eye contact would bring the anxiety to maximum intensity.  I used to know people who were afraid of being photographed.  In some ways if you peer into the eye of a lens it almost looks like an eye.  Perhaps that is part of it.  Nature documentaries with hidden cameras can some times get incidents occuring where spooked wild animals attack the supposedly hidden camera thinking it is an eye watching them!!

But the film above was interesting and I enjoyed the music too.  It is interesting how beautiful the eyes are when a person is in a positive mood.  They say the eyes are often the door way to a person's soul.  That is possibly very true. 

Ben

Mike, you'll know.. Have I seen this before? On the other forum... It seems very familiar 

iggy

I don't believe in Aspie eyes - My eyes are exact copies of my mum and sister's eyes, and neither of them have Asperger's. 

thirdriding

I have a squint and bulging eyes...so I don't present well at all.

NeuroRubyDiversity93

Of course aspies have beautiful eyes, but there is only diminutive or no discernability accounting the physiological makeup of eyes between that of an autistic/neurodiverse genotype and a neurotypical genotype. I have big bluish gray eyes and I dislike being observed persistently by another person.

grahamguitarman

I've heard these theories about Aspie eyes before and have never been convinced by them.  As a portrait artist I take a lot of notice of details like eyes - everyone has different and unique eyes and it is my job to see those minute differences.  I have never seen anything in the eyes of aspies that I have not seen in NT eyes.  Perhaps the only 'trait' I have noticed is that some medium to severe Autistic people have a slight tendency to have what appear to be 'lazy eyes'.  I don't believe this is a physical symptom of autism though -  just a result of having to sqint all the time to reduce sensory input.

I'm also a little sceptical of the authenticity of that video, some of those photo's look very old, so how does the author know they are of people with autism?  In fact I could have sworn that the last photo was of Twiggy in her younger years, though I could be mistaken.

Nesf

I've heard these theories about Aspie eyes before and have never been convinced by them.  As a portrait artist I take a lot of notice of details like eyes - everyone has different and unique eyes and it is my job to see those minute differences.  I have never seen anything in the eyes of aspies that I have not seen in NT eyes.  Perhaps the only 'trait' I have noticed is that some medium to severe Autistic people have a slight tendency to have what appear to be 'lazy eyes'.  I don't believe this is a physical symptom of autism though -  just a result of having to sqint all the time to reduce sensory input.

I'm also a little sceptical of the authenticity of that video, some of those photo's look very old, so how does the author know they are of people with autism?  In fact I could have sworn that the last photo was of Twiggy in her younger years, though I could be mistaken.

What do you mean by "lazy eyes"? The neuropyschiatrist who conducted my assessment that I have a "psychomotor retarded depressive eye contact", whatever that means. Perhaps it's this lazy eye you mention.

Who is Twiggy?

grahamguitarman

What do you mean by "lazy eyes"? The neuropyschiatrist who conducted my assessment that I have a "psychomotor retarded depressive eye contact", whatever that means. Perhaps it's this lazy eye you mention.

Who is Twiggy?

Twiggy was a very famous model from the sixties - she is still very famous even now as she is one of the judges on Americas top model (or something like that)

By lazy eyes I just mean sort of droopy, like they are half asleep or something.  A few of the ASD kids I work with have eyes like that.