mary

Baking

mary

Just made a batch of lemon and orange cupcakes (more like muffins!) and contemplating trying out a new recipe of boiled chocolate cake.  Hmmm... decisions!!

Edit:

Ended up making the boiled chocolate cake and also some carrot cakes.

Heather
Just made a batch of lemon and orange cupcakes (more like muffins!) and contemplating trying out a new recipe of boiled chocolate cake.  Hmmm... decisions!!

Edit:

Ended up making the boiled chocolate cake and also some carrot cakes.

Mmm those look yummy.. :) 

Sofi

Here is a heart shaped cake my mum made today for Valentine's Day. It is just a plain vanilla sponge with plain icing , because my brother is fussy with cake flavours, he is 9. It was really nice  :D

post-40-0-34002500-1360865732_thumb.jpg

Anon

^^^ that looks scrummy:)

I'm awful at baking. Something always goes wrong...I made a sponge cake but I put the wrong flour in and it ended up like a giant biscuit. And I tried to make cupcakes but I put salt in them instead of sugar, and I had to throw them away!

iggy

post-52-0-81500300-1360868370_thumb.jpg

Blackberry meringue cupcakes - from my store of frozen blackberries last summer :)

Anon, do you rush your recipes? Sometimes I panic if I'm cooking something new, and put the wrong thing in or more often forget then. The first TWO times I made oat cookies I spooned out the mix and put it in the oven without any oats.

Sofi
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Blackberry meringue cupcakes - from my store of frozen blackberries last summer :)

They look nice, where did you get the frozen blackberries from last summer? Did you pick them yourself? I personally don't like meringue but that is just me. Did you make them today? 

iggy
They look nice, where did you get the frozen blackberries from last summer? Did you pick them yourself? I personally don't like meringue but that is just me. Did you make them today? 

I picked them on the bridle way/path at the end of the road with my dog :P I made the cake yesterday and the meringue today. I love doing things that involve sugar syrups, I enjoy it. Some people find meringues are too sweet or the texture is odd, I understand.

Kolo

This thread makes me want to try baking but I am really really bad at it

Anon
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Anon, do you rush your recipes? Sometimes I panic if I'm cooking something new, and put the wrong thing in or more often forget then. The first TWO times I made oat cookies I spooned out the mix and put it in the oven without any oats.

You might be right! I think I'm concentrating so much on trying to get the quantities of ingredients right that I dont even check what im putting in it! :P

Sofi
I picked them on the bridle way/path at the end of the road with my dog :P I made the cake yesterday and the meringue today. I love doing things that involve sugar syrups, I enjoy it. Some people find meringues are too sweet or the texture is odd, I understand.

There is a fruit farm near where I live where you can pick the berries they are growing, like strawberries and raspberries. Obviously you have to pay so not as great as simply picking them yourself for free. There is a cherry tree in the park next to my house but I have never picked them. My garden has apple and plum trees as well as vegetables.

I find meringues' texture strange to eat, it is too light in my mouth or something. 

I have no baking skills, I even mess up with the baking box set from supermarkets. When I have tried those cookies, they end up over-done!