Anxious

Benefits ?

specialstar

PIP will replace DLA, But i looked at what my needs are in what it will be counted and i look all fine. Bit confused why you only get low rate DLA and not Middle Rate willow?

Willow
PIP will replace DLA, But i looked at what my needs are in what it will be counted and i look all fine. Bit confused why you only get low rate DLA and not Middle Rate willow?

The Citizen's Advice Bureau and an advocate from and Adult's Asperger Team were going to take me to a tribunal to get middle rate, but I declined. I definitely don't need middle rate.

Andy

I have had middle rate, but lost it and the diference is massive because losing middle rate makes one lose income support as well, it was a massive hit and I was actually improving until that happened and when it happened I degraded because having no money I lost interest in my plans which were at the time I was in consultation with MIND and others to start my own business. But losing the financial support actually kept me longer on benefits. I do think I would be working by now if it wasn't for that financial hit.

Sofi
The Citizen's Advice Bureau and an advocate from and Adult's Asperger Team were going to take me to a tribunal to get middle rate, but I declined. I definitely don't need middle rate.

I get the middle rate ... i think. But that is just what they put me on in the first place. 

specialstar
I have had middle rate, but lost it and the diference is massive because losing middle rate makes one lose income support as well, it was a massive hit and I was actually improving until that happened and when it happened I degraded because having no money I lost interest in my plans which were at the time I was in consultation with MIND and others to start my own  business. But losing the financial support actually kept me longer on benefits. I do think I would be working by now if it wasn't for that financial hit.

DLA is notwhats the word when it doesnt affect whilst u work. when ESA is whats the word awarded they put DLA as notcounted towards so it doesnt mean u lose your incomesupport

Toran

I havent ever claimed benefits ive always worked , I went into a factory straight from school it was difficult but I finally settled into a routeen even though there were ups and down over the years but somehow I managed to get over them even though I was thought of as odd by a lot of people there. I got made reduntent back in 1999 and ive had endless jobs since I just could settle and always left or let go after a few months or so. Ive been working with my current employer for six years but its as a van driver and I cover a wide area so im on my own my own a lot which suites me fine. I get panic attacks and am on medication for this but it doesnt really help if im honest. They have changed the role now and I have to work with othersand the same old problems are coming back to haunt me again. I resisted it and tried to get through it but eventually I couldnt manage and have been on the sick for awhile now the panic attacks have been a lot worse and have been getting depressed about the way life is even though I try to be positive all the time. Ive no idea if im going to end up claiming benefits or not I hope I dont but maybe I cant manage anymore its been very difficult to try to hold down a place in society with very little help.

mary
I've always struggled to understand why someone with AS needs benefits. Perhaps allowances to travel first class on the train to avoid crowds? other than that, i can't see a reason. 

My mother claimed DLA  for me for years, i refused to take a penny of it on principle. 

Perhaps you've been luckier than some and been able to function at a level where you can go and get a job and remain employed.  Not good to judge people before knowing their circumstances.

I've never been unemployed since I was 16 but that's not to say I'd judge people who claimed benefits for having a diagnosis the same as myself.

Ben
Perhaps you've been luckier than some and been able to function at a level where you can go and get a job and remain employed.  Not good to judge people before knowing their circumstances.

I've never been unemployed since I was 16 but that's not to say I'd judge people who claimed benefits for having a diagnosis the same as myself.

This is where the internet starts to piss me off. 

Toran

No your right oakers its a very individual thing some people cope better than others with it and one person is never the same as another.It also depends on how much help and understanding you get in the work place which in my case was ZERO which was what contributed to the period of health issues I have at the moment. I can show empathy with those on benefits how does the old saying go.There for the grase of god goes I something like that but you get the point.