Anxious

Benefits ?

Willow
This is where the internet starts to piss me off. 

Hmm - some people with AS do rely on it though :( I don't so much now, but it certainly helps - see reasons I previously listed.

But it can be much worse for some people and they definitely can't work. So what else are they supposed to do? :(

Toran

I agree with you totally there willow I know there are a lot of people that take advantage of the system but there are very genuine people out there that desperately need the help the system provides we should be doing more to help them and not being critical of their needs.

mary
This is where the internet starts to piss me off. 

Uh, what's the internet got to do with it?  Someone has a different opinion so it annoys you?

Willow
Uh, what's the internet got to do with it?  Someone has a different opinion so it annoys you?

I understand why it might be hard for someone who has AS but doesn't need benefits to see how someone else with AS might need benefits.

I think maybe he meant that the interest pisses him off because when you read something, you can't tell what the person's intention or tone of voice was and so may take it the wrong way - it happens all the time :(

mary
No your right oakers its a very individual thing some people cope better than others with it and one person is never the same as another.It also depends on how much help and understanding you get in the work place which in my case was ZERO which was what contributed to the period of health issues I have at the moment. I can show empathy with those on benefits how does the old saying go.There for the grase of god goes I something like that but you get the point.

Indeed... a good saying that one to be fair.  I am thankful I'm in the position I'm in, but that doesn't mean it's been easy.  I might be able to get out to work and hold down a job, but that doesn't mean I can't see how difficult it must be for some with this diagnosis.  It's not always so cut and dried as some like to think.

Ben
I think maybe he meant that the interest pisses him off because when you read something, you can't tell what the person's intention or tone of voice was and so may take it the wrong way - it happens all the time :(

^ yes. Willow you saved me replying. 

mary
I understand why it might be hard for someone who has AS but doesn't need benefits to see how someone else with AS might need benefits.

^ yes. Willow you saved me replying. 

Now see, that's all good and well when something you have read could be open to different interpretations, but I really don't see how your original comment AS can be taken any other way.  You stated that you don't see why anyone with AS needs benefits, except for an allowance for the train if they don't like crowds, otherwise no reason in your opinion.

How else are we meant to take that?

Willow
Now see, that's all good and well when something you have read could be open to different interpretations, but I really don't see how your original comment AS can be taken any other way.  You stated that you don't see why anyone with AS needs benefits, except for an allowance for the train if they don't like crowds, otherwise no reason in your opinion.

How else are we meant to take that?

I think the 'Perhaps allowances to travel first class on the train to avoid crowds? other than that, i can't see a reason.' part was a joke. In that it's obvious that it needs to be spent on more important things sometimes, for some people. It's fine that A-S warrior doesn't want to claim it out of principle, but maybe his joke was a little misguided. I think we should move on from it though - no harm was intended, I'm sure. But if we carry on hanging on to it and analyzing it, we'll stray from the topic too much.

Ben

On ASD uk i may of responded to you. But this is Willows forum, and i'm not going to upset her by starting an argument. (As this is the only way this will go) This isn't what this place is about. 

Drop it, or don't, but either way i'm not going to add anymore to this topic. 

Willow
On ASD uk i may of responded to you. But this is Willows forum, and i'm not going to upset her by starting an argument. (As this is the only way this will go) This isn't what this place is about. 

Drop it, or don't, but either way i'm not going to add anymore to this topic.