Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aspiesw

Do you think Lisa Simpsons has Aspergers?

aspiesw

I've wondered about this for a while, but do you think Lisa Simpson (out of the Simpsons) has Asperger's Syndrome. She finds it very hard to fit in, has a very high IQ, not a lot of friends, and prefers to read then socialize, I've been watching it more and more recently and I think she could possibly be depicted as an AS character, what do you think?

If I was to diagnose the entire Simpsons family (minus Maggie), I would say:

Homer Simpson - Mental Retardation

Bart Simpson - ADHD

Marge Simpson - OCD & General Anxiety Disorder

Abe Simpson - Early stages of Alzheimer's

Lisa Simpson - Asperger's Syndrome/High Functioning Autism

Nesf

Lol i like your diagnoses and I like the Simpsons :D Yes, she has some traits, though I'm sure the producers didn't set out to specifically make a character with AS, and it's difficult to say with a fictional cartoon character. To be honest, I haven't seen too many episodes in which she's been a central character, she seems to be more on the sidelines, but i haven't seen many of the more recent episodes.

NeuroRubyDiversity93

I'd say some of the Comic Book Guy's traits would correspond to having AS such as his social ineptitude, geeky temperaments and his excessive preoccupation with topics like Folklore, mythology, and science fiction/fantasy comics. His imperiousness towards prepubescent kids and the fact he dated people (as-well as being married once) while being dominant might obscure the supposition that he's autistic.

Snake Jaibird would likely be diagnosed with "Antisocial Personality Disorder" for incessantly breaking the law as-well as showing a callous insouciance for other's feelings.

Ben

Maybe...

I always felt Ned Flanders had more autistic tendencies. He's so obsessed with God, even Reverend Lovejoy is tired of him, and he's way too methodical with his gardening and things...  

And, he's quite often used as Homer's scapegoat... 

Anybody see what I mean? 

Peridot

Incidentally, is it common knowledge that the Winnie the Pooh characters represent a mental condition and that Pooh himself has AS? They say the donkey is depressed (duh) and that Tigger has ADHD? Is that common knowledge?

tern

Always have.

The character dates from just before we were widely enough known of for them to select i consciously. But she is the pained prodigy frustrated by all the less thinking characters around her mostly her dad and Bart.

Okay ned too, do you think it's just a mind-blindness that he is so self confident and sure of himself and assumes the best? The naive plunging straight into speech in his own world, type of aspie. I have met one like that, but whose attitude to Christianity is as aopposite to ned's as you can get, so they wouldn't get on!

aspiesw

I like to think Lisa is Aspergers so I feel some sort of connection to her (I know, it's sad feeling a connection to a fictional character), but I feel like she's the character that relates to me the most

Confession: I have never watched the Simpsons so I don't really know who Lisa is although I am guessing she is the one who plays the saxophone because I have seen it on a sheet music folder-case.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.