lao tzu

favourite quotes and poems.

Karrie111

Just keep swimming just keep swimminggg (is that even a quote lol) 

lao tzu

no need to swim,just relax and flow instead,tis much easier!water always finds the easiest way to wherever its going by just flowing,without struggle or doing,

just being.

welcome miss karrie:)

Kuribo [old account]

“It is nonsense for the Government to allow any loopholes for religious homophobia. Bigotry is bigotry whether it's dressed up in the language of faith or not.”

- Giles Fraser

Kuribo [old account]

"The only difference I can think of is that to get into prison you have to commit a crime, but they put you in school just because of your age. In other respects school and prison are the same. In both places you are stripped of your freedom and dignity. You are told exactly what you must do, and you are punished for failing to comply."

- Peter Gray, Ph.D.

thegingerone

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

"Don't let anyone tell you your dreams are stupid. If you wanna be a dragon, be a f*cking dragon!" - Charles Trippy

"Pain is easy to portray, but use your passion and pain to portray the ecstacy and joy and magnificence of our world." - The 11th Doctor

"900 years of time and space, and I've never met someone who wasn't important." - The 11th Doctor (again)

"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so" - Douglas Adams

aspiesw

"The past is a good place to visit, but never a good place to stay." This quote was my story of last year, the words hit me so deeply, it nearly reduced me to tears

"Things change, friends leave and life doesn't change for anybody". This is actually a song as well (by Deaf Havana - love them <3), listening to the song made me aware of the quote. I seem to come back to this quote whenever anything significant changes in my life

Monoamine

"...the best lies contain within them nuggets of truth, enough to give a listener pause."

- The character Littlefinger from George R.R. Martin's "A Clash of Kings".

Kuribo [old account]

“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.”

- Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."

- John F. Kennedy

Kuribo [old account]

"Schools petrify society because students, through them, learn how to adjust unquestioningly to institutions and how to exercise their critical thought only within narrow limits prescribed by the authorities."

- Jerry Farber