OrbitalResonance

Sports

mary

When I lived back home I used to be obsessed with watching the cricket... if it was on overseas I'd wait up at night to watch it in our summer holidays.  I would literally sit there and watch the full session of play, then go and do whatever I needed to do in the breaks, and then watch again.  Everyone in the house knew that this was my routine... they'd laugh at me but it was just a sport I really loved watching.  I used to go down to the WACA and watch matches when I liked both teams that were playing.

In regards to sports I used to take part in when I was younger:

Netball

Tennis

Lacrosse (modified)

Basketball

Must admit the most I really get up to these days is long walks with the dog.  It's about all I can manage at the moment.  I used to go to the gym and swim / weights.

Now with sport on the telly I don't watch all that much but I did watch a fair bit of the olympics / paralympics when that was on.  I thought the coverage was brilliant and just wish that they'd do that for all in the future, sad to say we probably won't get good coverage like that again though.

Willow
LOL right, if none of you like sports, then why would you read a topic labeled sports? surely the title is an indicator that this one isn't for you. 

Interesting...But I think people just like to get involved no matter what. :)

mary
LOL right, if none of you like sports, then why would you read a topic labeled sports? surely the title is an indicator that this one isn't for you. 

It's called discussion?

People like to get involved and talk about things, perhaps to say they don't particularly like something or not, but at the end of the day discussion is good.

Heather

Haha yeah I wasn't going to.. because initially I was like.. sports.. ehh could care less.  But then I read everything else and it was looking left out so I thought I'd see what people were saying. :D

Chicken_55
I myself could honestly care less about sports, it's probably because of how growing up I was either excluded by the other kids or else I had to deal with the humiliation of "being picked last"

Strewth this resonates with me Jeff.   Had a terrible time at school, I have no co-ordination, do not know "left" and "right" without stopping to think carefully about it and cannot catch or throw a ball.   

I will occasionally watch tennis or the Heart of Midlothian football team, but I am not passionate about them.   Don't get me wrong, I have deep respect for people who love sport, but just don't try and make me take part.

Pharaoh_G

I love me some good ole American Football, especially the NFL. I could talk about football and watch football all day and never get bored. I also like basketball, martial arts, (real) wrestling, boxing, track and field, and bowling.

Kolo

Sports analysis and statistics is one my major obsessions. I love football but kind of hate myself for it because of the culture surrounding it

JakeTrv

I used to like all of basic American sports: Hockey, Baseball, Basketball, and Football (American Football). But now I just like American Football and Basketball. Especially Basketball.

Toran

The real sports are people on a Saturday afternoon going to the local community centres etc to take part and surport the activitys. Football now even athletics is a business its all about achieving success and if you dont win the league the gold or trophy your classed as a failure. Its not sport its a business its that simple really look at david beckham whats he a sportsman or a buisness msn? True sport is what you do for the love of it not what you can get out of it. Its all mixed up today sport is a buisness unless its at a very local level where people enjoy the events but theres little financial reward.

Mike_GX101

Anyone been watching the tennis lately?

Who is your favourite to win for the women?  And what about for the men?

Edited by Mike_GX101