Andy

Cars, anyone own and drive~ What do you drive and what have you had ?

Andy

Me my first car was a 1955 Series One Land-Rover I restored over a period of five years. I have has a Mk2 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6L, a 1977 VW Devon Moonraker camper I restored over ten years of driving and using. I have had a 2001 Ford Focus Estate and now I have a mark one Renault Clio 1.4 RT. I have held a driving licence since 1985 but since diagnosis I seem to have lost much of my nerve and only drive now when I really have to.

Whoknows
Me my first car was a 1955 Series One Land-Rover I restored over a period of five years. I have has a Mk2 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6L, a 1977 VW Devon Moonraker camper I restored over ten years of driving and using. I have had a 2001 Ford Focus Estate and now I have a mark one Renault Clio 1.4 RT. I have held a driving licence since 1985 but since diagnosis I seem to have lost much of my nerve and only drive now when I really have to.

Put yourself back on the wheel. Get a sports license and win Formula 1. That'll give you back the nerve.

Toran

Ive got a 106 small but reliable and doesnt cost a fortune to run thats the main thing. Went through a faze when I was younger always had to have a new or newish car regret that now but live and learn ehh. Ive lost confidence in driving too for some reason its a case of when I need to now rather than for pleasure. Dont give in keep going one day it may come back theres always that chance .

Willow

I can't drive. I panicked in my lessons too much so I gave up for now. Chris turns 21 this year and will have been driving over 3 years, so I can slap and L plate on our car and go nuts, so long as Chris is with me. Looking forward to that...in our brand new saloon.  :unsure:

So I've partly owned all the cars we have, despite not being able to drive them.

First we had a Ford Fiesta Sapphire from 1994, then a Ford Fiesta Finesse from 1999, then a Ford Mondeo Zetec 2004 then another Ford Mondeo - a Ghia X 2003. Then we splashed out on a Seat Exeo Sport Tech 2010 and then changed it for the facelift Seat Exeo Sport Tech 2012.

And here they are:

post-2-0-00726500-1359889553_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-16883100-1359889552_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-32619000-1359889551_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-79297400-1359889546_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-26500400-1359889548_thumb.png

post-2-0-18933400-1359889550_thumb.jpg

Toran

You will enjoy the freedom it gives you willow you will feel more comfortable with chris and can really get into it. Hopefully youl conquer your panics you had before and pass your drivers test. A goal to aim for and so much satisfaction when you do good luck with that wish you all the best.

Chicken_55

I had 100 hours of lessons failed my driving test badly. Not instinctively knowing the difference between "left" and "right" did not help and I have no coordination. Found it well nigh impossible to change gear.

Now on meds (Olanzepine) that state quite clearly on the packet "don't drive".

I hated driving anyway and shortly after I failed my test I moved to London where a car is a liability.

I would not like to be dependent on a car especially as our national fuel supply is so precarious these days.

Toran

The cost of running a car is expensive too ive only got a small 106 but I drive it only when I have to. The bus system is not reliable and they dont even turn up sometimes and for things like hospital appointments and doctors you cant afford to be late. If they want to save fuel and our resorses they need to encourage people by making public transport affordable safe clean and reliable.

Khasper

I started with a 86 Chevy truck, moved to an Olds Cutlas, then a Chevy Cavalier, then a Nissan Pulsar, then a Chevy Cavalier Z24, at that time I got a VW Beetle for a job I had, then I got a Honda Civic, and for a brief time I owned another Chevy Z24. I mostly bought used so I had them a year or two, the Civic was the first almost new car I bought.

I've also rented a couple of Mustangs, which is going to probably be my next car, when I decide to purchase one.

I've always loved to drive.

rooroo

im   28  i have  my  permit...  currently the  vehicle  is my  fiance's 05 mustang... while  he  is  on  deployment.