Sign in to follow this  
FireWire

Broadband - Internet

FireWire

I miss having fast internet, before i moved i was on fibre-optics with VirginMedia and i was getting fast reliable speeds. but since i've moved they don't do fibre-optics in my street but the do about 5 or 10 minute walk away. so i am stuck with sky adsl and i'm lucky if i get 200kbs download speed and half the time my router fail's to detect a broadband connection.

so i have started using my Iphone5 as a wifi hotspot to browse the internet i'm on the 'one plan' with the Three network and i get unlimited all you can eat data even as a wifi hotspot. last night i tested my speeds and i downloaded a file at 2mbs so i've decided that i'm no longer using sky broadband to browse online anymore or download my music i buy from amazon.

what is your provider like? and do you get good fast reliable speeds?

screenshot from sky my home broadband.

skybb.JPG

and a screenshot from my mobile as a wifi hotspot.

threemobile.JPG

as you can see my mobile internet is much better. i hope one day i can get my super fast broadband back, but for now i'm happy using my mobile as a hotspot.

Arthur

2483492559.png

desktop connection  high speed ADSL not fiber-optic but building is getting it soon. 

NUMERICABLE

Willow

2483506589.png

I have no idea what this means, but here you go! :D We have BT infinity...and I did this on my PC. XD

FireWire
2483506589.png

I have no idea what this means, but here you go! :D We have BT infinity...and I did this on my PC. XD

it mean's your getting super fast broadband :)

Arthur
it mean's your getting super fast broadband :)

Why is her ping slower  ive 10ms she 28ms? 

Willow
Why is her ping slower  ive 10ms she 28ms? 

Um. Chris is playing a game on the internet and there's other people in the house who use it, so maybe someone's downloading or something. *shrug*

ALC

I don't know what any of it means either - I'm on orange/EE

post-43-0-77120100-1359915895_thumb.png

Sofi

Tomorrow, we are switching provider from Orange to a BT home hub router. This should make a huge difference as Orange has been cutting out recently and I don't get a very strong signal in my room. So tomorrow, or whenever it gets fully set up, but it should be all done tomorrow, I will do this speed test. 

Heather

2484488131.png

The wireless in my house was being very weird.. it seems to be a good internet connection but then cuts out and does badly and it makes me frustrated.. especially if I'm talking to my boyfriend at the time.. so my boyfriend found this cool wifi adapter thing I can plug into my usb port on my laptop and I think it helps me get a better signal.  Anyways I've been getting pretty good signal and I think this is a pretty decent result I got on the speed test! :)

Khasper

While I can't run the test I can tell you that I subscribe to the 3Mb/s plan from my provider, so it isn't a pretty connection.

If I could run a long enough wire I would get the internet that Willow has, I don't have anything near that speed available in my area. I can get 3Mb/s or 12Mb/s from my cable provider. If I switch to DSL I can get up as high as 20Mb/s.