Myrtonos

Admitting yourself that you have asperger's syndrome

Myrtonos

Apparently there are many aspies in this world believe that they are medically normal and convinced that they are fine the way they are, yet they still can't figure out why people don't want them around or why people think they could be better at being polite or considerate of others.

Kuribo [old account]

There are people who don't want to admit they're Aspies, but what point are you trying to make here? I don't quite understand...

Saveyourscissors

This is random! I know it have Aspergers but find it hard to tell people. Not admit anything, there is nothing to admit? Like Kuribo says what do you mean? :s

Why do you think that people wouldn't want us around because we have Aspergers? :( that's not true! I know my family and josh want me around! And my friends I know I don't have many but I like it that way deep down.

I don't really get the point in this post?

King_oni

Well... who is to say that autism is a neurological anomaly? For what it's worth anyone with, what is nowadays referred to, a neurotypical brain is "wrong".

Just because 1 in every 100 people is on the spectrum (roughly; and those numbers vary), and it's rare, doesn't mean it's wrong. For what it's worth, perhaps the 99 others are crazy.

I used words like wrong and crazy for lack of a better word right now. I don't mean to use them with the heavy connotation that often comes with it.

Saveyourscissors

Well said king_oni!!! This has annoyed me! (Along with the other topic that is to do with this rubbish)

coffeebean

Is this about not wanting to admit it to oneself because it feels bad? I was picked on and excluded by other Aspies in school sometimes, so I developed a habit of pretending something else was wrong with me when I made a few NT friends instead of saying, "Even they don't like me. I must be truly horrible and ugly and awkward." This improved later when I met Aspies who were friendlier to me and more supportive.

Edited by coffeebean

Frankie

so I developed a habit of pretending something else was wrong with me when I made a few NT friends instead of saying, 

This made me wonder, how do we know that some people on here are really AsPie's & not just pretending to be?

Saveyourscissors
:( the other post is the upsetting one. Not everyone on here is an aspie frank!

Frankie

:( the other post is the upsetting one. Not everyone on here is an aspie frank!

I just meant in general not aimed at anyone, sorry if Iv upset you with what I thought :(