Toran

Healthy Eating

Toran

If you want to buy a pack of fish fingers sausages or burgers you can get them fairly cheaply. The other week I decided to eat health and get a bit fitter. I bought loads of fruit and veg was going to make smoothes and put lots of ingredients to make stews etc. Got to the check out and cost me an extra 35 pounds eating healthy may be good for you but certainly not for your wallet.

Anybody got any good ideals for cheap but healthy food options be interested in hearing what all you guys think.

Ben

Ok..... 

First of all, what are you defining as healthy? You might be suprised.

Toran

I got a lot of recipes out of weight watchers magazines and bought a book on healthy foods. There was all sorts in there from traditional meals to pasta pizzas deserts a lot of what you eat normally. Its just you use different ingredients and cooking methods and you weigh out the portions but cost a fortune doing it this way.

Arthur

Fresh fruit and veg will always be pricey, or get unfresh frozen veg fruit witch is yes much cheeper witch is better? for me it the fresh fruit veg.  

Toran

Thanks guys will certainly take a look at the links

Ben
second link is bit extream  :P  

It is a tad, grass fed beef and pasteurized eggs are a tad expensive. I use the archevore approach as a guideline. It should be the baseline of your diet. I edit it to accommodate cost.

Toran

Will try the frozen fruit as well I think prefure fresh but give it try no harm in giving it a go.

Toran

It is dearer but think I need to get a balanced diet it may cost a bit more but you cant put s price on your health.