Toran

Healthy Eating

Toran

I will be having the full Christmas menu with family.

I don't need to change the menu to cause confrontation though, it just seems happen whenever I am about (I have no idea what I do to upset the cook but every year I seem upset her !!).

That's the worst thing when you have no idea what you have done and asking why in my experience just makes it worst so I can see your point sometimes there is no way to understand and somebody always gets upset over something.

ASDCommunity

I do a couple of shops a week and do not really pay much attention to the price. I do not really deviate from the list I go out with and where a cheap =er brand will suffice I normally go with it. I tend to get veg and fruit I like. 

I make a big serving of pasta or rice with a meat and veggie based meal. Maybe a curry, a stroganoff, a bolognaise, a chilli con carne or whatever. 

I ladle out a serve of both and then ladle out equal instalments in microwave tubs to take to work or eat after work. I work tip 7pm most nights and sometimes to 8pm and what I do not want to do when I get back home is cook. 

Much prefer to heat up a meal and have a check on internet forums and see all the friendly comments people are throwing my way. ;)

But in seriousness, I have little time or energy to waste on shopping each night or cooking more meals. Once or twice a week is enough and leftovers taste just as nice.

Sofi

I really have no idea yet, I don't know what we're doing for Christmas. I'm ok to eat turkey, but don't like meat. What I'd really like to have is Chicken Rogan Josh or Madras.  I love Christmas vegetables, though, especially brussels sprouts and roast parsnips.

What do Greeks nowadays eat on Christmas? Yes, that's what I meant, brussel sprouts and parsnips, I hate those!

I'm like you there I would like to have a change from the traditional Christmas dinner but I always spend Christmas with family. As I don't do the cooking I don't like to ask her to do something else as it's always very busy and there and she works really hard making it all nice so I don't want to upset her in case she thinks I don't like her cooking and it causes confrontation.

I just don't like the Christmas food, my mum doesn't mind to give me something else. 

Edited by Sofi

Nesf

What do Greeks nowadays eat on Christmas? Yes, that's what I meant, brussel sprouts and parsnips, I hate those!

I just don't like the Christmas food, my mum doesn't mind to give me something else. This year I don't know, whilst I don't really like Christmas at home I know I'll feel sad to think everyone else is probably happy at their homes. Anyway, it's not definite it's possible I'll go home for a couple of hours but I think it's unlikely realistically. 

Turkey and pork, I don't think they have any special vegetables. They don't grow parsnips or brussels sprouts here :(