Toran

Healthy Eating

Ben

Eat respectable servings of fats. Fat is essential for healthy hormone production. Hormones have the final say on fat loss, so make sure you have a good hormonal environment by ditching the sugars and the carbs, and eating good pure foods, like Fatty cuts of meat, cheeses, Cream, and High omega 3 foods like salmon, mackeral and eggs. 

If there is more than 5 ingredients on the pack don't bother with it.

Willow

Yeah it is expensive to eat healthy. Me and Chris spend about £70 per week on food. We don't eat super healthy though, we just buy a lot of stuff. We have a joint of meat pretty much everyday, with vegetables and sometimes with stuffing and yorkshire puddings. I eat a lot of snack bars because I enjoy them and they're low in calories - and some of them have dried fruits in - I can't eat fresh fruit as it makes my tongue and throat swell up a little. Everything we buy is fresh, not frozen because we don't have a freezer. I mostly drink coffee, fruit juice and water. Chris only drinks milk. For lunch Chris has bread and butter, chicken pieces and cheese - I have crackers with butter or soft cheese and some cheese snacks, like babybell and then maybe some beetroot. Chris also eats spaghetti hoops (heinz ones) and mackerel in tomato sauce after he's been to the gym.

Ben

Lol, willow, none of the foods you have listed sound 'healthy' to me, except the joint of meat. 

Willow
Lol, willow, none of the foods you have listed sound 'healthy' to me, except the joint of meat. 

They're not too bad. Fresh meat and vegetables every day...nothing wrong with that.

Toran

I enjoy the snack bars as well have them in and out when before I may have pigged out on chocolate. I drink loads of water bottled that is not tap water just doesn't taste the same. I eat a lot of chicken not so much on the red meat though if im honest. Used to go to the gym a lot in my younger days but havent been for awhile now. Im thinking of starting jogging again though or maybe getting an exercise bike can keep fit while watching my documentaries wouldnt be a bad idea either.

Sofi

I thought fresh fruit and vegetable was supposed to be cheap. In Aldi and Lidl their fresh fruit and vegetable is cheap. I like vegetable meals, like carrots and butternut squash and I don't eat meat, except occasionally chicken, which saves money because meat tends to be the most expensive?

Frozen mixed fruit is good to make into a smoothie. I eat a lot of snacks, like crisps, cheese, grapes, blueberries, fromage frais (i hate yogurts though!) pitta breads and dips like hummus and crackers, (I love crackers)

I don't really care about health to be honest, but I think I am fairly healthy because I eat vegetables and fruit. 

Ben

Snack bars....  you may as well go the whole hog and eat a mars bar. (Seriously). 

Look at the ingredients on them things weight watchers make, there hideous. There philosophy is 'Eat junk food to fill in your caloric requirements so you don't have to eat clean. But make sure you eat our junk food though, as our food has special powers' 

Can you eat what you want and still lose weight? Yeah sure, but don't think it's optimal, or healthy. 

*This post may sound aggressive, but we're going into the realm of nutritional science, and i love it :D

Willow
Snack bars....  you may as well go the whole hog and eat a mars bar. (Seriously). 

Look at the ingredients on them things weight watchers make, there hideous. There philosophy is 'Eat junk food to fill in your caloric requirements so you don't have to eat clean. But make sure you eat our junk food though, as our food has special powers' 

Can you eat what you want and still lose weight? Yeah sure, but don't think it's optimal, or healthy. 

*This post may sound aggressive, but we're going into the realm of nutritional science, and i love it :D

hehe I'm really not fussed. I like what I eat and I stay thin. And I go to the gym. Not bothered about much else. And Chris is too fussy to eat anything other than what he eats now. Even if the snack bars are bad - the majority of the rest of the food I eat isn't. Meat, vegetables, cheese. Pretty much sums it up. XD

Ben
I thought fresh fruit and vegetable was supposed to be cheap. 

They were, until the mainstream started off the whole '5 a day' dogma. There is no evidence to suggest you need to eat 5 portions of fruit or vegetables a day. I for one only use vegetables as a garnish or seasoning for my meals, and nothing more. 

The government started the 5 a day campaign to make money and nothing more. 

Toran

We are all entitled to our opinions warrior and you may well be right im just looking into healthy options really and have a lot to research to do on the subject.