Toran

Healthy Eating

Toran

Ive been considering becoming vegetarian I enjoy meat but I do get pangs of guilt sometimes for eating what was living creatures. If I had to kill them myself I would definitely be vegetarian I couldnt do it.

How many people do you think would be vegetarian if they had to kill the animal in order to eat the meat they like?

Willow
Ive been considering becoming vegetarian I enjoy meat but I do get pangs of guilt sometimes for eating what was living creatures. If I had to kill them myself I would definitely be vegetarian I couldnt do it. How many people do you think would be vegetarian if they had to kill the animal in order to eat the meat they like?

Hmm, very few people :(

I just can't switch meat /anything for something else because Chris is fussy. And I do like meat - but I like pasta too and I never eat that because Chris doesn't like it.

Toran

Its difficult when your cooking for two if you have different tastes but as long as its not too different its not too bad to come to an agreement over meals. If theres something I want but somebody else doesnt I tend to cook it for myself lunch time then enjoy the main meal together at dinner. Think that contributed to me having a few extra pounds to lose in the end though lol

mary

Since I've started medication for my physical health I have put on some weight, which is really quite upsetting because until the weather got bad I was walking with my dog at least 2.5 - 3 miles a day, and 5ish on a weekend.  Obviously when the weather is bad I stay in, so I guess that is contributing to the problems but I've to start on another medication at the end of the week so I've decided that it's healthy eating all the way and then maybe a treat once a week when I bake at the weekend.

My plan is to eat porridge with fruit of a morning, perhaps the same at lunch, or yoghurt and some fruit.  Then at dinner I intend to either have loads of veg / nuts with noodles or some rice, or baked potato with a little cheese, beans and some veg.  I've also decided to give myself a rest from the veg once a week and will have muffins, egg, beans and mushrooms.

What an exciting life with food I live!! Here's hoping that this starts to help me keep my weight a bit more stable.  Up until starting this medication my weight never changed.

Sofi

I usually eat different foods to my parents , and we don't eat together. They eat a lot of meat which I don't. I would happily become a vegetarian and I think I slowly am becoming one if I finally stop the chicken I still sometimes eat. I actually can't stand meat, it makes me feel weird. It is not even about the killing animal thing because I know it happens anyway, it is just the actual meat I can't stand for myself. 

Toran

I have only ever really liked chicken I dont like the texture of beef pork and the like I never have even as a child I wouldnt eat it used to drive my parents mad.I can understand where you are coming from sofi, im quite particular about texture in meat and if the chicken is to tough or over cooked I wont eat that either but im ok with most other things in general.

Toran

That sounds a very good diet plan oakers I think I will try some of that myself it sounds really good. Have you gone back to your doctor about the weight gain isnt there any other medication that does the same thing but without that side effect.

mary
I have only ever really liked chicken I dont like the texture of beef pork and the like I never have even as a child I wouldnt eat it used to drive my parents mad.I can understand where you are coming from sofi, im quite particular about texture in meat and if the chicken is to tough or over cooked I wont eat that either but im ok with most other things in general.

Ahhh... someone else who doesn't like the texture of meat.  No one really understands what I mean when I say that.  I'm not vegetarian because I oppose people eating meat, but because I really cannot stand the texture of meat.  I actually like the smell of steaks cooking... strange.

Toran

Its good to hear of somebody else like me oakers when ive tried to explain that people dont understand what Im getting at. Its funny if the chickens just a bit off of how I like it I cant eat it good to hear im not the only one.

Sofi

Me too, well I won't go into other reasons why I don't like meat because I don't want to put people off. I used to tell my mum why I didn't like it and she got mad like 'Don't, you will put everyone else off who enjoys it!!!!' I have learnt not to be so blunt about it. 

I always inspect any chicken that I do eat to see that it is cooked properly. One time, fairly recently, I had some undercooked chicken and I just can't get the picture of it out of my head :(