Frankie

Autism Card?

dmndsoul

I live in southern Florida US and we no such thing as an aspy card. Police are free to tase or shoot everyone equally.

Saveyourscissors

I live in southern Florida US and we no such thing as an aspy card. Police are free to tase or shoot everyone equally.

I don't think that is what it's for  :lol:

aspiesw

I can understand the justification to want an autism card. But I'd want something a bit more subtle like an autism ribbon, not everyone would know what it meant, but some people would. Like, to let people know I'm LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender), I have a gay pride wristband, I used to wear it all the time. Not so much anymore

Frankie

I can understand the justification to want an autism card. But I'd want something a bit more subtle like an autism ribbon, not everyone would know what it meant, but some people would. Like, to let people know I'm LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender), I have a gay pride wristband, I used to wear it all the time. Not so much anymore

A ribbon would be cool, but in my eyes it wouldn't be practical because ignorant people will think you talking rubbish if you show them the ribbon & try explain you have AsPie, but if its on a plastic card they'll take you more seriously & deal with you in a better way.

Toran

God bless America

NeuroRubyDiversity93

Never had to utilize one as of yet as I tend to circumvent situations that may require conveyance with such officers (e.g. asking them questions about what caused an accident or who could've robbed the department store), because they are susceptible to misconstruing our body language for various reasons including the two which Kuribo has precisely pointed out. Many of them are still so misguided about autism spectrum disorders it really hurts. :(

Edited by NeuroRubyDiversity93

Saveyourscissors

Totally agree, I have willows ribbon on my keys but yeah it doesnt tell people you have AS. I should have something as if I had allergic reaction people would need to know nut allergy and AS

dmndsoul

I understand the need to be identified as someone with special needs, but sincerely afraid of labeling in other atypical groups. i.e. "We can tell who is autistic why cant we tell who is gay or jewish or muslim. It is a door that may, should not be opened.

Frankie

I understand the need to be identified as someone with special needs, but sincerely afraid of labeling in other atypical groups. i.e. "We can tell who is autistic why cant we tell who is gay or jewish or muslim. It is a door that may, should not be opened.

gay, jewish or muslim don't have hidden communication problems so wouldn't need the card

blacktiger911

I like to keep my aspergers to myself as much as possible. worried the wrong people will over hear. aspergers is ok but still many people dont like it.