Cell Phone OS  

23 members have voted

1. 1. what cell phone OS are on

• iOS
    • Android
    • Windows phone
    • Other

Khasper
I've never tried a windows phone before, I'm just not liking the metro look on them like windows 8, it has just put me off trying them out. Now if there is any way to use a windows phone without the metro look and just have small icons instead like on iPhone/android then I might think about on of them for my next phone.

While you can't disable the metro look of the UI, it has the ability to have 3 differnt sizes of tiles(icons), the small sounds like what you would be looking for, the medium and the large tiles are the ones that are the live tiles and update based on the application.

I would say to take a look at one if a phone store has a demo you can mess around with.

Arthur

I'm considering getting an iPhone, I just recently got ipad4 32gb and love the OS, I like simplicity of it. I find android buggy and game lower frame rate and crashes a lot.

mary
I'm considering getting an iPhone, I just recently got ipad4 32gb and love the OS, I like simplicity of it. I find android buggy and game lower frame rate and crashes a lot.

That's interesting as when I decided to go back on contract with my phone I wasn't sure for a spell whether or not I'd go iphone or android.  I had a quick look at some others but iphone won out pretty easily.  Just so easy to use and integrates well with my macbook, itunes, all that jazz.

Heather
Id recommend the samsung range to anyone squeeker ive had the s3 and now ive got the note 2 didnt have any trouble with either of them simple to understand and great features on them too. I dont download many apps if im honest but it does everything I need it to and more.

Thank you.  I think I heard good things about samsung elsewhere too so I'm definitely going to look at them first. :)

Chicken_55

Nokia X6 but it's on its last legs and I am thinking of getting a Nokia Lumia as I like the 3 by 4 predictive text keyboard.  Qwerty keyboards on a Smartphone are useless as you cannot touch type with them - they are just too small for that.

It's either a Samsung Galaxy or a Nokia Lumia.   I have never liked anything manufactured by Apple.

Toran

Just watched a review of the latest Blackberry its had a good report not much in it between the galaxy note 2 so they said its hard to decide which is the best in the review they did.

rooroo

ios  is that  the  apple? iphone?   um  i  have  a  iphone  4s

rooroo
That's interesting as when I decided to go back on contract with my phone I wasn't sure for a spell whether or not I'd go iphone or android.  I had a quick look at some others but iphone won out pretty easily.  Just so easy to use and integrates well with my macbook, itunes, all that jazz.

dont  get  a iphone   i hate  mine  it  tends to freeze at  times  

Toran
dont  get  a iphone   i hate  mine  it  tends to freeze at  times  

Which one have you got? I prefure samsung have very little trouble with them they are reliable in my experience.