aspiesw

Obsessed with people?

Nesf

If I enjoy a particular band or musician, I try to find as many of their songs as I can and find out their influences. For instance, I really enjoy the band Porcupine Tree and I have almost all of their albums. I also wanted to hear anything the band members have done solo, and find out how all of their styles get wrapped up into a neat little package that is Porcupine Tree. There are a number of bands that have influenced Porcupine Tree like The Beatles and Pink Floyd and Killing Joke etc. Speaking of Killing Joke, they have apparently influenced many bands such as Nirvana and Sybreed and Opeth and Nine Inch Nails etc.

I guess I'm mostly obsessed with finding connections in various bands, how they can "sprout" new styles and whatnot. I'm a big music geek by the way!

Snap - I'm a music geek too, but only for prog rock. I love music and have band obsessions too, and they usually last about a year or so. So far my obsessions have been with Rush, New Model Army, Jethro Tull and most recently a Romanian folk rock band, Phoenix. It's never been about individual members of the band, it's always been about the music and how it makes me feel. I collect all the albums, and listen to a particular album, or individual songs over and over again. This is something I have done since I was a very small child - I had the same song on over and over again on repeat play, I must have driven my family crazy with it.

Again, my language and foreign country interests have had to do with people but not directly related to them. They are also often connected to music and start because I hear some music or a song I really like from another country and then want to know everything about it, and it extends to understanding the language the music is in and learning about the country it is from. In order to do this I will often seek out a person from this country to talk to in order to learn the language and find out about the country, and talking to and being with the person may become an obsession for a while, but the obsession has to do with qualities the person possesses rather than the person himself or herself.  There is never any romantic interest in the person. I have made friends this way but now feel that it was for selfish purposes. This has also to do with a deep unhappiness I feel inside and feeling that I'm incongruous with my environment and that I'll fit in better somewhere else, a form of escapism. This is how I've managed to learn several languages.

AutismUnrestricted

I collect all the albums, and listen to a particular album, or individual songs over and over again. This is something I have done since I was a very small child - I had the same song on over and over again on repeat play,

I do the same, recent obsessions Keane, Passenger, Kate Rusby and Labrynth

Saveyourscissors

Yes but not to that extent I don't really do it much compared to what I used too either!

Heather

Yes I've gotten really obsessed with people in the past.  Maybe not always to a really huge extent, but basically throughout my teenage years I have.  Mostly to do with my favourite movies and TV shows through the years.

Lord of the Rings: mostly the hobbits, mostly Sean Astin because Samwise was my favourite character, and Dominic Monaghan when Lost started

Lost: Dominic Monaghan, Evangeline Lilly (she's Canadian and I'm pretty sure lived in my town and maybe even went to my family's church at one point because I think I spotted her in an old church picture book)

Gilmore Girls: Alexis Bledel

And a few others throughout the years.. actually including a few crushes over the years.

Now the person I'm majorly obsessed with is my boyfriend. :D

Fayonaise

I'm obsessed with Tom Hiddleston (also him as Loki), Paris Hilton, Lana Del Rey, Stephanie Leonidas and Olivia Cooke.

I often obsess over fictional characters and copy how they dress, hair etc.

aspiesw

I'm obsessed with Tom Hiddleston (also him as Loki), Paris Hilton, Lana Del Rey, Stephanie Leonidas and Olivia Cooke.

I often obsess over fictional characters and copy how they dress, hair etc.

Me too :), I used to be obsessed with Emily from Skins, I tried to copy everything about her, what she said, her mannerisms, her facial expressions, lol

Shōnen Bat

Nigella. 

Nuff said. 

But cocaine is sooo passé

Toran

But cocaine is sooo passé

Do you think thats true, or media hype at what was said to try to discredit her.