blacktiger911

The cure to aspergers

Toran

I think I would be better if a cure was found then other times im not so sure its confusion in my mind. I want to be better but not if my personality changed and I didnt have the same values as I did now. Its a question I cant come to a final answer on.

Frankie

I guess I am the odd ball then. Because I would totally like to get rid of all my AS related problems. I have never really had any benefit from it, so why would I want to keep it.

Yes, it defines who I am. But who am I? Nobody. I don't do anything cool, I can't do anything cool, I just waste my time. I have lost all my dreams, there's just nothing left. So a complete reset would be OK with me, if it meant that I would get a better chance in life.

Well better stop this. Thinking of life always makes me totally depressed. Just like Monty Python, "life's a piece of shit, when you look at it". :(

You don't want to know what I seen trying to find a poop gif!, Really, you don't! I need to wash my hands now, they feel dirty :(

poo.gif

Mike_GX101

My awnser no. it difines me and it is infused with my hert and soul. I tresher it even though it can be hard somtimes. I cant explane it much further than that.

How about a best-of-both-worlds button which could be switched on/off giving you "instant access NT mode" for the duration you needed it for.  Then you could turn it off again to recharge the batteries while you enjoy your natural autistic self.

Edited by Mike_GX101

How about a best-of-both-worlds button which could be switched on/off giving you "instant access NT mode" for the duration you needed it for. Then you could turn it off again to recharge the batteries while you enjoy your natural autistic self.

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I CAN BE CRAZY AND FIT IN AT THE SAME TIME.

aspiesw

Great thread idea btw, it's always interesting to see how people feel about their AS/autism. I'm not at all comfortable with my AS, but I couldn't imagine life without it really, there isn't life without it, I'm a completely different person

lao tzu

python also said'always look on the bright side of life'dont worry just whistle'

Toran

python also said'always look on the bright side of life'dont worry just whistle'

Or stick your head in the sand and wait for the kick up the arse.

Xmas

I've heard it said you can cure any individual with Aspergers, just put them in a room by themselves.

That's not meant to belittle any of us on the spectrum, but to make the point that you can't cure the individual but you can 'cure' the environment they live and work within. When my wife told my father-in-law I often leave church straight after the service rather than staying to talk over coffee his reply was that I must be lonely, but I'm not not; I enjoy the solitude it provides. There are times when I do stay to talk over coffee, esp. to 'correct' the preacher :-), but with my diagnosis I now realise I can take myself off without thinking to myself that I'm being rude to other people, and forcing myself to hang around when I don't feel like it.

I know exactly what you mean, I used to go to church and used to make myself stay for coffee afterwards but I hated it and just couldn't wait to go home. I eventually stopped going altogether. Nobody's fault I just could not handle it in the end, I was so aware of my difference. (I seemed to have a crisis of faith as well but that is another story and it was so long ago.)

Toran

I know exactly what you mean, I used to go to church and used to make myself stay for coffee afterwards but I hated it and just couldn't wait to go home. I eventually stopped going altogether. Nobody's fault I just could not handle it in the end, I was so aware of my difference. (I seemed to have a crisis of faith as well but that is another story and it was so long ago.)

What church did you attend?

Nesf

Life of Brian - I love this film!!! The ultimate optimism.