blacktiger911

The cure to aspergers

I know exactly what you mean, I used to go to church and used to make myself stay for coffee afterwards but I hated it and just couldn't wait to go home. I eventually stopped going altogether. Nobody's fault I just could not handle it in the end, I was so aware of my difference. (I seemed to have a crisis of faith as well but that is another story and it was so long ago.)

I like being on tea and coffee duty at church! Youget to make coffee and say hi to people although it might be different for me because I am very settled in my church andknow nearly everyone. I get the orders mixed up a lot though :)

Xmas

What church did you attend?

It was Evangelical but I don't hold entirely to those beliefs anymore.

I like being on tea and coffee duty at church! Youget to make coffee and say hi to people although it might be different for me because I am very settled in my church andknow nearly everyone. I get the orders mixed up a lot though :)

I did try that a couple of times but it made me feel even more stressed. But that was then, maybe I would fare better now, but I have no intention of going back to that church, the people there were lovely but it was not without it's problems. I think politics got in the way.

Xmas

Life of Brian - I love this film!!! The ultimate optimism.

Do you know I have never seen this film all the way through, I have seen plenty of clips and I know that it is controversial. I will have to watch it through one day to see what it is like. If it is as funny as you say, well good because I like a good laugh :lol:

the strangest man

python also said'always look on the bright side of life'dont worry just whistle'

He's a very naughty boy!

Edited by the strangest man

Nesf

Do you know I have never seen this film all the way through, I have seen plenty of clips and I know that it is controversial. I will have to watch it through one day to see what it is like. If it is as funny as you say, well good because I like a good laugh :lol:

Yes, it is controversial because of its subject matter, I can understand how some people may be offended by the satirical humour, but as long as you don't take it too seriously, then it is really good, and there are some wonderful scenes in it.

the strangest man

Yes, it is controversial because of its subject matter, I can understand how some people may be offended by the satirical humour, but as long as you don't take it too seriously, then it is really good, and there are some wonderful scenes in it.

I believe the truth of which The Life of Brian is claimed to satirise is even more controversial and offensive, after all it started with death on a cross and resulted in many following the same path even to tis day together with most people finding Jesus' claims to be offensive.

AutismUnrestricted

deleted

Edited by AutismUnrestricted

Frankie

Everyone seems to be on about church to cure Aspergers, I'm frightened of being inside churches, fear I might melt or burn if I enter one!!!(joking :lol: ) But seriously, when I was about 4-5 & at Sunday school we went into the big church & I hated all the singing & always had tantrums, I remember there was a day we had to get our photo taken as a group(think it might have been for the local paper) & we all had little plastic disposable cups of orange juice & I threw mine on the ground because I didn't want to stand in a photo holding juice, then my Grandad came & picked me up, I still remember what my gran cooked me for lunch that day, beans on toast :) Gawd, that was like 1989-1990! lol!

Chris123

I don't want to be cured but if i got offered in the way you mention it i would because i would be able to do so much more!

Nesf

I believe the truth of which The Life of Brian is claimed to satirise is even more controversial and offensive, after all it started with death on a cross and resulted in many following the same path even to tis day together with most people finding Jesus' claims to be offensive.

Yes, I find any abuse of power and authority offensive, and unfortuately many atrocities have been made in the name of religion through the ages. These atrocities are not the fault or religion itself, but of those who abuse their position of authority within its hierarchy.