MrGrey

What kind of people you generally dislike?

MrGrey

I like to be friends with everyone.  Even those who have traits which I greatly dislike.  That said, I dislike 3 main groups

#1 People who believe they are absolutely right and do not consider the possibility of being wrong.  

I constantly avoid being that kind of person.  This is why, even when I *believe* I am totally and completely right, I still try to avoid making comments as "This is the way it is"... I rather go with "I think it is this way" and leave a door open for discussion.

#2 People who lie.

I can't stand people who constantly lie.  If I can't tell the truth, or do not wish to tell the truth, I'll rather don't say anything.

#3 People who think they are better than you.

I have a friend that, even tho is a good person, mostly, suffers from this.  You can't ever tell this person that you bought something.  It doesn't matter what you bought, a pair of pants, new car tires, or a cellphone.  He will always tell you that either "you paid too much", or "you bought an inferior product" and that "you should have consulted with him first".  So annoying.

Ben

I hate arrogance, delusion and pretence. You know the type of person I mean...  The type of person that will throw a shit fit, if they ever receive constructive criticism - and usually, the criticism is coming from someone who knows what they're talking about; so rather than jump on an opportunity to learn, they refuse correction and carry on being brats. I wouldn't say I dislike the person; just their inability to realise that they're not as good at something as they think they are.

Two friends of mine come to mind. Now, I loved them dearly, but they had it in their heads that they were a pro bodybuilder and a premiership level footballer. The bodybuilder, went to a show, and didn't place. But when he came into the gym the next day, he said he won his weight class. He didn't, and we all knew he hadn't, but despite knowing he hadn't, he was still adamant that he won it. 

As for the footballer, he ended up being paid a fiver to be linesman at the Sunday league matches. Yet, he still went on about how great of a striker he was. 

It's a hard pill to swallow when you realise your shit at something you love... It was golf for me. I mean, I could drive 250 odd yards... It's just that the ball just landed on the wrong fairway every time. 

MrGrey

I would like to add one type of person for which, I'n on the fence... and it's those to feel the need to present their credentials before giving an opinion.

I mean, sure, sometimes is valid as in "I'm a doctor" and the proceed to provide a medical opinion.  But some people really over-do-it.  Sometimes the fact that you work on a field, doesn't change the reality that, the subject being discuss, is still an opinion and not a fact.

The funniest is when you get to witness 2 persons with the same credentials, arguing over something:

- "I'm a mechanic, and American cars are better"

- "I'm also a mechanic, and American cars are fail"

- "Well I've been a mechanic for 10 years, hence, I'm right"

- "Maybe 10 years ago you were right, but right now you are wrong!"

...and it goes over and over

Ben

I've been guilty of all the aforementioned sins though! Mine and MrGrey's! 

aspiesw

I hate arrogant people, I can't stand arrogance, in a jokey way it can be funny, but if people actually take themselves that seriously, I can't be around them. I don't like loud people either, because of my sensory issues, some people can be too loud for my liking

MrGrey

I've been guilty of all the aforementioned sins though! Mine and MrGrey's! 

:) No one is perfect.  I've also been guilty of a quite a few things.  At least we noticed, hence we can do something about it. :D

HalfFull

I actually dislike very few people, but I find it very difficult to warm to people who swear to excess. Its not that I can't like people who swear, but it does make it harder to be around that person if its too much, and if someone did it too much at work then I would have no choice but to make an anonymous complaint even though I'm not a 'snitch' so hope it never happens. There are people at work who sometimes use expletives but never enough for me to dislike them. I know well over 100 people at work and don't think that there are any that I dislike. Other people that I would find it hard to warm to are people who are obsessed with illegal tobacco to the point that they make it their main topic of conversation. However, it several years since I've had this problem. I only dislike 1 or 2 people in real life but don't know them personally. Almost all people who I dislike are foul-mouthed celebrities. Thats not to say that I dislike all people who swear a lot, but there is a limit to what I can take. Sorry to be all old-fashioned, but its just how I was brought up and I can't help it.and I'm simply answering the question. In reality, I like about 19 out of 20 people that I meet. I can work around most peoples weaknesses and annoying traits as long as they are fundamentally good people. Even bad people, I would try to understand what makes them that way.

Saveyourscissors

I hate most people haha. ooops.

King_oni

I think there's plenty of categories of types of people I just don't mix in well with. Some are by choice, some are by experience. I try to be friendly with most people and will give them a shot, I just know there's always this moment where I feel we can't go on and remain friends.

- People with a strong moral compass; and perhaps even more so if it's a moral compass that's opposite of mine.

- Career driven people who are in it for money, and just money

- Naive/Gullible people
- Bland people; and by that I might be more inclined to judge on looks and other superficial things. I guess I rather befriend and hang out with people who looked like they just stepped out of a comic book. It's not that that's all there is though. You can still have a shitty personality. But I guess there can be a certain type of blandness if the pinnacle of your cultural activities is watching reality television and keeping with the current trends.

It's those few things that come to mind right now and they often come in pairs.

I will give people a shot in general, I wont discredit someone over looks or someone who made a career, but in the past I just noticed that I ended up with a lot of wasted time because there were always some reasons why either I or the other person, just felt it was better to move on and not stick around.

DominikaCupcake

I don't like people who are pretending to be your friend, but the truth is that they're only using you. But i also don't like stupid and shallow people (i know, that's quite mean), assholes, big muscular men (they scare me!) and girls that only care about their clothes, make-up and nails (look back to stupid and shallow people).