MrGrey

What kind of people you generally dislike?

Dream

...climate change deniers...

so true.

Right, that’s it, I can’t help it if halfwits keep "pressing my buttons"... no, “halfwits” accredits too much intelligence to these creatures, “quaterwits” would perhaps be more accurate...

For the LAST TIME, will people PLEASE, CEASE AND DESIST from using the phrase “Climate Change Deniers” to those of us who hold issue and perceive flaws with the theory of “Man Made Global Warming” - People who use the former epithet whilst meaning the latter deserve no role in the discourse - PERIOD!

Come the Revolution brothers and sisters, on that glorious day, ANYONE displaying such evidence of Orwellian double-think, misusing and misunderstanding concepts and words, or carries crazy “cognitive dissonances” around in their mind WILL be treated with the utmost compassion, and all possible attempts will be made to deprogram and reinitialise the Gift of “critical thinking” which apparently has become sadly lacking in this age of “indoctrination” disguised as “education”...

Okay, now you can throw your rocks peasants...

jenny.wren76

Right, that’s it, I can’t help it if halfwits keep "pressing my buttons"... no, “halfwits” accredits too much intelligence to these creatures, “quaterwits” would perhaps be more accurate...

For the LAST TIME, will people PLEASE, CEASE AND DESIST from using the phrase “Climate Change Deniers” to those of us who hold issue and perceive flaws with the theory of “Man Made Global Warming” - People who use the former epithet whilst meaning the latter deserve no role in the discourse - PERIOD!

Come the Revolution brothers and sisters, on that glorious day, ANYONE displaying such evidence of Orwellian double-think, misusing and misunderstanding concepts and words, or carries crazy “cognitive dissonances” around in their mind WILL be treated with the utmost compassion, and all possible attempts will be made to deprogram and reinitialise the Gift of “critical thinking” which apparently has become sadly lacking in this age of “indoctrination” disguised as “education”...

Disgusting.

Alex

Disgusting.

Report and ignore. I have done the same.

Dream

Disgusting.

Thank you for your comment Jenny (and that's not sarcasm by the way, I do appreciate comments).

Would it be too much of me to ask exactly which part of my diatribe you found most obnoxious? My thought when I posted it would be that there was a single word which would "touch a raw nerve" and I'm curious as to whether this thought was correct.

jenny.wren76

Thank you for your comment Jenny (and that's not sarcasm by the way, I do appreciate comments).

Would it be too much of me to ask exactly which part of my diatribe you found most obnoxious? My thought when I posted it would be that there was a single word which would "touch a raw nerve" and I'm curious as to whether this thought was correct.

Calling other posters halfwits, no quarterwits, telling the 'peasants' to throw rocks at you as though you are a higher being or more important person than the other posters who offended you. The whole second to last paragraph.

I understand feeling strongly and being offended by others words. I do not think that insulting them is an appropriate response at all. If you've already said your piece about this topic before, perhaps multi  quoting your previous response and the new ones that you are offended by would be enough. You cannot control what other people say, and I don't think anyone should try to. You can make your thoughts and feelings known, but what terms others use is up to them in the end.

pianissimo

Ad hominem attacks are not appreciated. 

Dream

Calling other posters halfwits, no quarterwits, telling the 'peasants' to throw rocks at you as though you are a higher being or more important person than the other posters who offended you. The whole second to last paragraph.

I understand feeling strongly and being offended by others words. I do not think that insulting them is an appropriate response at all. If you've already said your piece about this topic before, perhaps multi  quoting your previous response and the new ones that you are offended by would be enough. You cannot control what other people say, and I don't think anyone should try to. You can make your thoughts and feelings known, but what terms others use is up to them in the end.

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time and giving me the consideration to respond.

I believe you are right, I was wrong. I allowed my “ego” to get the better of me and I “reacted” as opposed to “respond”.

I intended to temper my “insults” with humour (having being called a quarter-wit myself and finding it amusing), but you are again right, my “intent” was to “insult” which is probably not appropriate.

You mention my having “said my piece” about this topic before, however this is not the case (hence my overly-sensitivity to the topic perhaps). The last time this cropped up I was under the impression I was responding to a University Professor, however upon discovering it was just some 16 year old kid with passionate, if not “distorted” perspectives, I was obviously unable to post any intellectually destructive argument (which I'd taken hours in constructing) as I do not wish to be perceived as a “bully”. Yes, I’m an angry old man (sorry about that but I am), but I am most certainly not a bully.

At the end of the day, I now feel bad for the post I made, not because of what I’d said (my use of the word “peasant” was intentionally inflammatory I profess as part of an anthropological experiment regarding the two phrases “Redneck” and “Peasant”, both of which are now perceived as derisory, however both have honourable and notable value and worth), but because I allowed my “ego” to become engaged.

Thank you for your openness and willingness to express yourself to me Jenny.

Best wishes and safe journeys,

Dream

Ad hominem attacks are not appreciated. 

Yep, got it, forgive me, my bad, inflated ego, Jenny spotted it for me, sorry, what more do I need to say???

pianissimo

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time and giving me the consideration to respond.

I believe you are right, I was wrong. I allowed my “ego” to get the better of me and I “reacted” as opposed to “respond”.

I intended to temper my “insults” with humour (having being called a quarter-wit myself and finding it amusing), but you are again right, my “intent” was to “insult” which is probably not appropriate.

You mention my having “said my piece” about this topic before, however this is not the case (hence my overly-sensitivity to the topic perhaps). The last time this cropped up I was under the impression I was responding to a University Professor, however upon discovering it was just some 16 year old kid with passionate, if not “distorted” perspectives, I was obviously unable to post any intellectually destructive argument (which I'd taken hours in constructing) as I do not wish to be perceived as a “bully”. Yes, I’m an angry old man (sorry about that but I am), but I am most certainly not a bully.

At the end of the day, I now feel bad for the post I made, not because of what I’d said (my use of the word “peasant” was intentionally inflammatory I profess as part of an anthropological experiment regarding the two phrases “Redneck” and “Peasant”, both of which are now perceived as derisory, however both have honourable and notable value and worth), but because I allowed my “ego” to become engaged.

Thank you for your openness and willingness to express yourself to me Jenny.

Best wishes and safe journeys,

Dream

Yep, got it, forgive me, my bad, inflated ego, Jenny spotted it for me, sorry, what more do I need to say???

Kuribo [old account]

"Just some 16 year old kid"

How dare you? I know that I'm not the person to whom you are referring (though I will be alerting them to this post) but I find your post extremely insulting. Not only have you posted an extremely condescending message about another member behind their back, you have also implied that this member is inherently inferior to you because of their age, and implied that anyone under [whichever arbitrary age threshold you subscribe to] is incapable of having an intellectual discussion, in spite of the fact that you've witnessed direct evidence to the contrary.

Thus far, the Asperclick community has done a great job of making people feel welcome regardless of their age, gender, race, neurotype or sexual orientation. If you have any intention of introducing a culture of any form of discrimination to this forum, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would just leave.

Edited by Kuribo

Dream

Hahaha, thank you for posting this, something I actually uploaded to YouTube myself, pure genius which is most humbling to me. It appears both humourous and true... perhaps satire at it's best...

Just to be clear pianissimo, I intended no direct disrespect to your good-self in my commentary, it was as Jenny pointed out, my intent was generalised and "mischievous" (my choice of word as the "intent" was indeed "misplaced", but it was not malicious).

I would thank you also for taking me back to my youth and Python. Part of my exploration of the derisory connotation of the word "Peasant" comes from this, as I would (and have) said "I am PROUD to be a Peasant"... not technically true I grant you as I do not farm the plot of land myself, makes me the damned "land-lord", but that's another issue... Point being, as a man on this isle of Avalon some refer to as England or Great Britain, I love the concept of both "Redneck" and "Peasant" which I hold, however I appreciate both these terms hold negative connotations to some.

Anywayz, I'm babbling now.

Cheers, good health and safe journeys.

Dream