MrGrey

What kind of people you generally dislike?

Ben

I don't like people who are pretending to be your friend, but the truth is that they're only using you. But i also don't like stupid and shallow people (i know, that's quite mean), assholes, big muscular men (they scare me!) and girls that only care about their clothes, make-up and nails (look back to stupid and shallow people).

You'll love a show we have here in the UK then. It's called Made in Chelsea. It's full of really down to earth, intelligent and humble humanitarians. People who have worked really, really hard to earn their spot on television. They're a true role model and a delight to watch. 

P.S, I'm just being slightly sarcastic... 

DominikaCupcake

You'll love a show we have here in the UK then. It's called Made in Chelsea. It's full of really down to earth, intelligent and humble humanitarians. People who have worked really, really hard to earn their spot on television. They're a true role model and a delight to watch. 

I heard about it. I really and i mean really hate reality shows. Actually i don't like TV at all.

Ben

I've not watched TV in well over a year now... Mainly because shows started becoming pointless and mind numbingly boring. 

YouTube is good though - provided you find what you're looking for. 

Saveyourscissors

this had me laughing! :) hate that rubbish!

DominikaCupcake

I've not watched TV in well over a year now... Mainly because shows started becoming pointless and mind numbingly boring. 

YouTube is good though - provided you find what you're looking for. 

Exactly. I think that the shows nowadays are addressed towards people who want to turn their brains off when they watch TV. That's why people who want to think and reflect about something on the TV don't find it entertaining. I find internet much more interesting then TV. It has much more to offer.

MrGrey

I don't watch much TV either.  TV stations air what "most people like", which is often "not what *I* like".

King_oni

I find internet much more interesting then TV. It has much more to offer.

This exactly... but the difference with internet and television is that television is a passive medium.

If you're online you actually have to know what you want to see and look for it. TV provides whatever they present you. I guess one can argue that goes for the internet as well, but there's a more vast source of information to find there.

And obviously the borders blur a bit when it comes to netflix and things like that where you can actively pick what you want to see... you can still state the internet is more than just moving images, which is pretty much what a television is. When was the last time you read a good article on tv?

Sofi

I don't really like people like your #1 and #3 and paedophiles, but apart from that, I don't dislike anyone

Peridot

Well, there's a whole bunch of traits which I dislike like e.g. indifference, egotism, deceitfulness, elitism, immorality and so on. Now some people have these traits and I don't think it's hard to see where all of that stems from; it could be immaturity, insanity or evil. Now, in the case of evil being at the heart of someone's traits then I don't like them as I'm a peace loving person. But when someone is immature or insane then I probably wouldn't have a problem with the real them whom is in fact not egotistical or deceitful or whatever seeing that they aren't evil. But I do stay away from immature and/or insane people in general as they often form a danger to their surroundings.

Ben

I'd have to say in the real world; that I don't dislike anybody... I've been racking my brain since this thread came up, but no one springs to mind. If someone seems like a tosser, then I'll just be patient and search for some common ground. I usually always work something out.

On the internet however... It's a different ball game. I don't know what changes in my demeanour, but I can be the worlds biggest ass hole sometimes. I've got to work on it really...