MrGrey

What kind of people you generally dislike?

coffeebean

One type of person I don't get along with is the type whose emotions dictate their beliefs, in particular people who believe that humanity is cruel and destructive while animals are kind and harmonious. It's like they have some kind of grudge against the way the world is, but instead of seeking a change they engage in the same environmentally-destructive behaviors as everyone else and develop polarized opinions while complaining. They do little to no research to support these claims.

Listening to them talk, all I can think about is the invasive species that are eager to destroy other environments and species and the amount of infanticide, rape, allowing defective genetic material (see: disabilities and deformities) to die or killing it oneself, and playing with one's food that goes on in the animal kingdom... among other things...

I just smile and nod, then get away fast and enjoy being part of the species that's at least tried to help me and other genetic material that would have been defective to an animal make a living and seek justice if we're murdered.

Edited by coffeebean

King_oni

There's another group I probably should add to my list. It's not neccesarily that I dislike them with a passion, but I never get along with those in the long run.

Mature and "responsible" people.

More and more I tend to be this (and how much I hate this contemporary expression) "YOLO" type of person. I rather take my chances on any given day. It doesn't mean I'm totally irresponsible I guess... I try to think through some things before I dive in. But maybe it's that I don't really had the urge to do things that, in the end, had a really bad outcome. I never had the urge for instance, to run up to a police officer and sock him in the nose while doing the moonwalk to get away. That might very well be "taking your chances".

That kind of attitude always seems to rub people, especially people my age, the wrong way. And perhaps it's me in the wrong here because most people I knew from high school (well "knew") are married, own a home, have children... and steady on their way to a midlife crisis over things I don't necessarily see as worthy of a midlife crisis. 

It's also amongst the reasons I've had a few bad relationships, I assume. Mind you, it's not that I wont take responsibilities for my actions, it's just that I don't necessarily have the drive to be this mature person who makes the most responsible and wise choices. I don't think I made really, really, really bad ones in life (just based on choice, not over practical reasons) though, but I guess there's still a difference between "bad" and "not the best" choice.

Nesf

There's another group I probably should add to my list. It's not neccesarily that I dislike them with a passion, but I never get along with those in the long run.

Mature and "responsible" people.

More and more I tend to be this (and how much I hate this contemporary expression) "YOLO" type of person. I rather take my chances on any given day. It doesn't mean I'm totally irresponsible I guess... I try to think through some things before I dive in. But maybe it's that I don't really had the urge to do things that, in the end, had a really bad outcome. I never had the urge for instance, to run up to a police officer and sock him in the nose while doing the moonwalk to get away. That might very well be "taking your chances".

That kind of attitude always seems to rub people, especially people my age, the wrong way. And perhaps it's me in the wrong here because most people I knew from high school (well "knew") are married, own a home, have children... and steady on their way to a midlife crisis over things I don't necessarily see as worthy of a midlife crisis. 

It's also amongst the reasons I've had a few bad relationships, I assume. Mind you, it's not that I wont take responsibilities for my actions, it's just that I don't necessarily have the drive to be this mature person who makes the most responsible and wise choices. I don't think I made really, really, really bad ones in life (just based on choice, not over practical reasons) though, but I guess there's still a difference between "bad" and "not the best" choice.

I must admit that the overly pious goody-two-shoes type annoys me too.

Karrie111

I don't really like people who think they're incredibly cool and put stupid status's up on facebook every 5 minutes. Making out they're so cool and above everyone else, and in reality those people are terribly dull in person. I also don't like people who are really loud and in your face. I find it very difficult to relate to them and i just steer clear.

L Lawliet

Fake people. People who talk a load of rubbish just to fit in. Maybe I'm envious because I never really fit in, or because these people were usually the ones that used to bully me in large groups because their friend wanted to.

Some people do things to please others to such an extensive level, that the other person takes advantage of them. It's not so much the person I dislike though, it's more the way they behave. I just end up feeling sorry for them :mellow:

MrGrey

There is this guy I know who is always challenging EVERYONE.  It doesn't matter what you say, he will always try to advocate for an opposing point of of view.  I talked with my partner about him, she said she didn't noticed.  I thought I could be wrong... so I made a test:

On a gaming night, the guy was around.  I told my partner to pay attention to my test.  I steered the conversation into politics (just a little bit) and kinda made some comments in approval of certain political party.  Immediately, the guy tried to make a challenging argument in pro of the opposing party.  

Then I waited... I waited like a month.  And on another gaming night, I again steered the conversation into the same political issue, but advocating for the *other* party.  He started challenging my logic, citing the merits of the same points I mentioned a month before... like a chameleon.

I asked my partner, and she was like "wtf?, wasn't he a republican a month ago?".  

However, I recently learned that the guy is actually on the spectrum.  He hides it very well... I usually spot people easy.  So I don't know what to think now.  

riceandpants

I wouldn't call it "dislike" necessarily, but I am suspicious of just about everybody I don't know, even if it's only briefly until I've spoken to them and decided they're not a threat to me.

As for types of people, I am most wary of people who are particularly well-groomed, and give off an air of importance and wealth, or of a high social status. Not necessarily arrogance, but that they value social stigma more than most people and are more aware of social rules than most people, like they would take notice if they saw you put your elbows on the dinner table. Those sorts of people make me uncomfortable as I feel like I could accidentally offend them at any moment, and I don't think I could trust someone who places so much value on how others perceive them.

I am also generally distrustful of people whose interests and behaviour appear totally normal, and the person lacks any obvious quirks, like all they are interested in are sports and going to parties, because although I can understand how these might be someone's interests, I feel like people with such a "normal" personality are hiding their true selves from everyone, and that creeps me out a little bit.

One thing I find really agitating is when people disrespect someone who is supposed to be in charge, e.g. students who are rude to a teacher for no real reason, and I also worked with a girl who seemed to think it was her place to tell our boss what to do all the time. He was an excellent and experienced boss, but she seemed to think she always knew best, and would take it upon herself to try and change the way things were run. I get really angry when people "forget their place", so to speak.

That being said, I can learn to empathise with just about anyone once I know them and I don't dislike most people, unless they go around hurting other people because they're selfish or get some kind of gratification from it.

Frankie

I don't like people who are loud & in my face or talk to me as if I'm a 5 year old, they really annoy me

Nesf

I don't like people who are loud & in my face or talk to me as if I'm a 5 year old, they really annoy me

Oh yes, I hate it when people patronise me.

brookeloveslotr

I dislike self centered people. Those who think the world revolves only around them and expect people to bow down to their every need. I also dislike people who judge you for your mistakes when they make those very same mistakes too. It's really not that civil.