MrGrey

What kind of people you generally dislike?

greenerthanyou

I dislike people who flake out, like people who will voluntarily set a date and time to hang out with another person, but when that time comes, they never show up or call to cancel. I find that to be very inconsiderate and potentially hurtful. It's also super avoidable: just don't make plans or simply call to cancel ie acknowledge that the other person has a life. 

I understand where a couple of posters are coming from with the problem of reducing others to one characteristic or chronic action. 

I really would like to say that I dislike only the characteristic of flaking out, but I can't imagine being able to get to know someone who constantly flakes out on me or on others....I don't think I would be able to trust them enough or feel like they respect me as much as I need to be respected in a friendship/relationship....so, due to that characteristic, I'd probably never get to know them well enough to have a valid opinion of them, that's to say, whether or not I genuinely like them. 

So, it's just easier (and more honest, for me) to say that I do not like people who consistently flake out on others. Flake being defined as making plans then just not showing up + not contacting to cancel or reschedule. 

Caroline

Apart from dislikes due to a person's traits of personality, I have some issues with the voice: I dislike some voices, and like some others, it's really strange.

To give you a good example: I like Queen's songs but I never listen to them because I dislike Freddy Mercury's voice (I don't have anything against him, it's just the voice... I have the same with the French singer Claude François)

Nesf

Apart from dislikes due to a person's traits of personality, I have some issues with the voice: I dislike some voices, and like some others, it's really strange.

To give you a good example: I like Queen's songs but I never listen to them because I dislike Freddy Mercury's voice (I don't have anything against him, it's just the voice... I have the same with the French singer Claude François)

That's how I feel about Van Der Graaf Generator. I love their music, but can't bear Peter Hammill's voice.

brookeloveslotr

I can't stand people with snotty voices, or stuck up voices. For example, Kim Kardashian: When she speaks she acts like she owns the world.

Tonzofun

Comment removed by moderator, points given.

Tonzofun

Sorry about my last post...

I'm an aggressive person. I say and do things, sometimes bad, sometimes good, sometimes i don't mean most things at all...

Also... my signature, read it.

Chibiidol

I dislike people who when presented with evidence that they are wrong do not change their mind. It annoys me to no end.

Its funny cause recent research shows that not changing your mind regardless of evidence is human nature

which means i dislike everyone in the world including myself (T_T)

Edited by Chibiidol

Little Pink Coupe

I wouldn't say I "dislike" types of people, but there certainly are types of people whom I find it difficult to be around. The kinds of people I find it difficult to be around are those who act like they're better than others, people who put others down and make them feel like they're "less than," and people who make fun of people to their face or behind their backs for things they can't help. 

myphoria

I loathe "gossippy" people and stay as far away from them as possible.

Arrogance and people who have an inflated sense of their own intelligence/ability/knowledge, considering themselves an "expert" in everything, who talk with authority on topics they have no actual knowledge/experience in, or who talk down to others (including those with actual knowledge/experience) because of their perceived superiority. It also bothers me when people like this try to get others to admire them by talking with authority to people they know are ignorant in a certain area, using big, "impressive" words to try and gain admiration and give the impression that they are more knowledgeable than they really are. A bit of humility and "knowing what you don't know" goes a long way, in my opinion.

Anyone who is rude or intolerant, who judge others based on appearance. People who speak down to cashiers, waiters, etc. are immediately in my bad book.

I really dislike the way some people post passive-aggressive stuff on Facebook. I feel that if you have a problem with someone, it's better to talk to them about it privately than air the dirty laundry with cryptic, snarky status updates. Passive aggressive people in general really bother me.

Ala

I guess it's good to try to see the person from their annoying trait or characteristic that you don't like... They might also have allot of characteristics that you really like. However people's actions can be infuriating and stir angry feelings that might be described as hate.

Personally I do find other peoples behaviour upsetting and confusing which is why I probably spend most of my time with my boyfriend and no one else.. However I think if I blamed other people for my situation I would possibly go mad.