MrGrey

The Procrastination Thread

MrGrey

What are you procrastinating right now?

I'll start:

- Calling family members to wish Merry Christmas and Happy New year.  It's getting a bit late, I know... 

Smithy The Wizard

Writing my book project for school. Thank goodness it's not due tomorrow, unfortunately I'll have to present it. <_<

aspiesw

Doing my Uni work, and having my lunch for tomorrow, I procrastinate all the time, I hate it!

Smithy The Wizard

Is it possible for there to be a king of procrastination? If I were the king of procrastination I wouldn't even show up to the coronation, I'd be to busy watching TV or something. :lol:

MrGrey

My answering machine says it has 2 messages... it's been saying that since 3 days ago.

King_oni

I don't procrastinate... nor did I really do in the past few years. But then again; I don't understand why someone would put something in their agenda and not get to it.

Nesf

At the moment, nothing, but just wait until next week when I'll have more work on.

Willow

I don't procrastinate... nor did I really do in the past few years. But then again; I don't understand why someone would put something in their agenda and not get to it.

It's usually the things that we don't choose to do, but have to, that we procrastinate about, usually because we're busy doing things we want to do. For example, I've been writing my book and designing something today, instead of sorting the rubbish and dishes out.

Ben

Procrastination, is also a side effect of perfectionism. If you feel that you're performing at less than 100% on something, then you'll rather do noting at all. It becomes an intimidating prospect even thinking about the task at hand, because you're terrified of failure. It also links in with OCD and anxiety. 

There's a million and one causes really. Some tasks are just mind blowingly mundane, and the motivation shifts towards more fruitful and worth while tasks, like Willow above. 

I tend to procrastinate with anything that's outside of my usual 'routine' - inverted commas, for the sake of not finding a better word for it. I'm not typically routine driven... But you know what I mean. 

If it's something like making a phone call to the bank, going to the Post Office, buying bin liners or buying a birthday card, I will wait until the eleventh hour to get round to it. Maybe it's because I have to wrap my head around it first? Who knows? But those little things can really throw me off. 

It's probably why I love my cows. They're just like me in many ways. 

iggy

af27ba09-e020-4ae6-8566-58e9dbe3575d_zps

...We've all done at least one of them :P Some of us might be doing it right now......  :unsure: 

Edited by Iggy