Sofi

The Undateables

Sofi

I am watching a programme on channel 4 called The Undateables and there is a boy age 25 with Autism on it looking for a girlfriend. I should have gone on this programme lol He is going to a dating agency for people with Autism to help find a girlfriend, I want to do something like that. He is lucky.

The title does not sound very nice though...

Smithy The Wizard

That sounds interesting, but I don't like the title of the show. Just paints autism in a bad light.

Nintendo2

That seems like a really interesting show Sofi.

Sofi

That seems like a really interesting show Sofi.

It is. Do you play Pokemon?

coffeebean

I think I've seen that episode. To be honest, I don't know why people go on these shows. Don't they know their failures and eccentricities are being made out to be a spectacle?

Willow

Someone from the show's team contacted me wondering if I could help find people who might be interested in taking part, but I refused based on the name of the programme, and how it would show us in a negative light, at least based on first impressions.

Sofi

Yeah it's a really bad name but you can probably go to the Autism dating agency without being on the programme. I could do that

aspiesw

I think I've seen that episode. To be honest, I don't know why people go on these shows. Don't they know their failures and eccentricities are being made out to be a spectacle?

Just the name itself makes me feel self conscious about my aspergers, although, on the other hand, I'd be intrigued enough to watch it to see what it's like