Saveyourscissors

When your anxious..?

Saveyourscissors

I've been thinking about when I'm anxious, I had to write a little about it recently and its kinda hard to hear other people say the things I do... 

I wondered if anyone else does any of these things?

Here's the list of things that were pointed out that I do:

• Pull my hair
  • Bite my self
  • Punch things
  • Twiddle my hair
  • Head bang/but things. (walls/pillows/objects/other stuff)
  • Hit my self
  • Scratch
  • Shake
  • Chew my tongue
  • Bite my nails
  • Fiddle a lot with everything and anything
  • Pinch myself
  • Stop eating
  • Panic
  • Can't get my words out
  • Shut down completely.
  • Can't keep my hands still

There is other stuff too, but these are the main things I seem to do/people notice I do but I didn't realise really that I do most of it...? Do you get that/Does that happen to you?

After its happened its finished and I can't really remember all of it and shut off from it. You could say I did something but unless I can feel it or see a mark I won't recall doing it.. does that make sense?

Is it just me or is it the same for anyone else?

aspiesw

I've been thinking about when I'm anxious, I had to write a little about it recently and its kinda hard to hear other people say the things I do... 

• Pull my hair
  • Bite my self
  • Shake
  • Chew my tongue
  • Pinch myself
  • Stop eating
  • Panic
  • Can't get my words out
  • Shut down completely.

I do all of these things, it's as if my state of mind completely changes when I'm anxious and I can't think rationally, after it's happened it's a relief, but I don't remember feeling nervous, I hate feeling nervous, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to limit/stop the symptoms

Saveyourscissors

I do all of these things, it's as if my state of mind completely changes when I'm anxious and I can't think rationally, after it's happened it's a relief, but I don't remember feeling nervous, I hate feeling nervous, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to limit/stop the symptoms

I thought it was just me, especially biting myself and stuff like that :/ I had to explain it on the forms I did and that's when it came to light when josh and mum listed things I did. :/ I had to make up why I had a feew bite marks and bruises at work the other day as someone spotted it on my arm!

aspiesw

I thought it was just me, especially biting myself and stuff like that :/ I had to explain it on the forms I did and that's when it came to light when josh and mum listed things I did. :/ I had to make up why I had a feew bite marks and bruises at work the other day as someone spotted it on my arm!

I also bite when I think of past situations that are embarrassing or have gone badly? It doesn't really help, but I don't have another way of dealing with my emotions

Saveyourscissors

I also bite when I think of past situations that are embarrassing or have gone badly? It doesn't really help, but I don't have another way of dealing with my emotions

When I bite myself I feel like people do notice or see me doing it.. like if I'm in public I feel like I can do it without it being obvious! I find biting takes a lot of the stress for me too? Do you know what I mean/think the same?

aspiesw

When I bite myself I feel like people do notice or see me doing it.. like if I'm in public I feel like I can do it without it being obvious! I find biting takes a lot of the stress for me too? Do you know what I mean/think the same?

I think biting forces to stop thinking about the thing that's making me feel bad/anxious, I don't do it in public

L Lawliet

• Pull my hair
  • Bite my self
  • Punch things
  • Twiddle my hair
  • Head bang/but things. (walls/pillows/objects/other stuff)
  • Hit my self
  • Scratch
  • Shake
  • Chew my tongue
  • Bite my nails
  • Pinch myself
  • Stop eating
  • Panic
  • Can't get my words out
  • Shut down completely.

There is other stuff too, but these are the main things I seem to do/people notice I do but I didn't realise really that I do most of it...? Do you get that/Does that happen to you?

After its happened its finished and I can't really remember all of it and shut off from it. You could say I did something but unless I can feel it or see a mark I won't recall doing it.. does that make sense?

Is it just me or is it the same for anyone else?

I used to bite my hand when I was little, don't anymore though. I punch pillows because I had enough of punching walls and bruising myself. I fiddle. My sister always said that she knows I'm nervous because my hands are so fidgety and fiddly. I don't chew my tongue but I do chew the insides of my cheeks until they're red raw. I have a hard time keeping my weight on just because I don't eat when I'm stressed. I can't physically swallow food when I'm like that. I'm practically mute when I'm at my worst. I just can't talk.

Something I used to do at school for years was take a full run up to a brick wall and slam myself into it. My teacher had a chat with me about that and stopped it. It was when I used to just get overwhelmed with emotion and couldn't get them out of my system, I just used to run at the wall in the playground :(

Nintendo2

I can relate. Somwtimes I mess with my hair and move around alot. Then sometimes I panic as well.

DominikaCupcake

I hit myself in the head and pull my hairs, call people for "wh**es and "d**ks and can't stand still. Very rarely i shut down and wont talk to anyone.

Edited by DominikaCupcake

Nesf

These are the things I do:

fiddle with hair

rub hands together

rub face

stutter when speaking

bite lip or inside of cheek

pull skin off lips and pick at spots on my face :(

pace

fidget and can't keep still

and if it gets really bad, panic or shut down.