Andy

Quiz; Are you Left brain or Right brain ?

MANOFSTEEL2013

Here's my result:

Right Brain |||||||||| 32%

Left Brain |||||||||||| 48%

Anxious

Andy.. What is your theory...We all have AS but your results show a more or less  equal left/right balance and you state that you only fit the criteria of AS...Everyone but me is left brained... I am right brained yet have a diagnoses of AS concluding that AS is not a left or right brain issue...please tell us what you think.

Andy
Andy.. What is your theory...We all have AS but your results show a more or less  equal left/right balance and you state that you only fit the criteria of AS...Everyone but me is left brained... I am right brained yet have a diagnoses of AS concluding that AS is not a left or right brain issue...please tell us what you think.

My understanding is there are conditions within humanity, variations of human that display autistic like behaviours where they are described as not autistic but where there is autistic like those trained in the detection of autism will see autism and leave it at that, case closed, where there is the potential for so much more that has been stifled because a label just happens to fit. Despite myself having an AS diagnosis I am not typical of AS and this difference caused me to research, where I discovered something through Baron-Cohens theories that what is called autism might be linked to the X chromosome, where I found an X chromosome condition that had criteria that matched what I knew of myself. So I asked for a Karyotype test to be done, to find I did have that X chromosome condition and so my apparent AS might just be autistic like and not in actual fact autism.

Now since discovering the truth of myself, I have discovered there are many other conditions linked to the X chromosome that just happen to have autistic like behaviour attached, a recent one I discovered is Rett's Syndrome, the so called female autism. But what my interests is, is that with many of these chromosomal aneuploidies there exists life threatening conditions which if not picked up early, they can make life very difficult and even kill prematurely beyond what the variation actually does itself and with our band aid, fix it when it's broke attitude towards health care, forewarned is forearmed. As it is I have done the various testing to discover of the conditions linked I am clear, I am an out flyer, one of the less known, but I know with age things might change, but at least I am aware of the potential, but more importantly perhaps it has given me peace of mind in that I now understand my life long gender questioning, as what I am to many authorities is genetically inter sex and perhaps what was called a congenital eunuch, the Saris Hamma mentioned in the Talmud from the past through the fact that I cannot reproduce naturally and I am not typically male, where those close have described a lot of feminine about me of which I used to hate, but now I think it's great in that I am not typically male, I in agreement with many other of my condition see myself as somewhere between male and female and we were recognised in history right across the world, but where Christianity flourished we were threatened and persecuted and so one of the reasons i have no interest in Christianity because of what I am the church does not want to know.

Do you understand, I don't need to fit in anymore, I am at last comfortable to be me.

But when I get my facts together and my thoughts gathered, I will create a topic about this to inform others of the potential that their diagnosis could be masking something more revealing, as it is known of my condition, 75 % of males in the UK don't know they have it, as this thing affects around one approximately 600 to a thousand live male births. But you will notice a coincidence here, this thing I am affects males, and just which of the sexes is the most autistic affected ?

But what this discovery has done for me, is totally changed my attitude to the positive where prior to I dwelled in the negative, discovering the truth of me has brought me home at last and so I am in contact with many more of my difference world wide, where we compare notes and it is known we have the most research on what we are, because there is very little research other wise, the medical community are largely clueless and that extends to my GP's where though some have heard of the condition, they know nothing about it and all my testing has been motivated by my research, because I can access documents from behind pay walls, through the community to present to my GP to back up what I want and they respond positively to my requests because with this condition I know more than they, it is in my interest.

But a taster of some of the stuff I ploughed through to discover my reality ;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2426913/

http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pbio.1001081

And by the way I am not an academic, I am a mechanic but in order to understand what I was reading, I found the teaching online right from genetics 101 as once the basics are understood everything else becomes easier and medical papers can be understood, but I am not stopping there with my success in self diagnosis, I am now digging into the endocrine system as one of my endocrine results has caused question where the GP again seems not interested, but I am aware of what can cause that out of tolerance result and one cause is a brain tumour, so you can see I am kind of interested, but I suspect the result is more to do with the X condition than the brain, but I have to be sure. So I am again researching to present my theory to my GP to get the testing done as everything in the NHS one wants, one has to fight for.

spiderwoman0_2

Right Brain

||||||||||||

46%

Left Brain

||||||||||||||

54%

Sofi

Right Brain |||||| 28% Left Brain ||||||||||||||

60%

(I have HFA ) 

Andy