Andy

Quiz; Are you Left brain or Right brain ?

Smithy The Wizard

Yeah probably.

Sofi
Ours are very similar.

Yes, it does seems so. I can't quite remember the theory behind what this means. I will maybe read up more on that at some point. It may be to do with gender. I put in brackets (parenthesis) that I have HFA in case it was relevant at all to the theory, but this is very similar to Aspergers, I just had a speech delay and a lot of developmental delay as a child. 

Andy
Yes, it does seems so. I can't quite remember the theory behind what this means. I will maybe read up more on that at some point. It may be to do with gender. I put in brackets (parenthesis) that I have HFA in case it was relevant at all to the theory, but this is very similar to Aspergers, I just had a speech delay and a lot of developmental delay as a child. 

I would be interested to know of the theory you have read because as you know I am AS and xxy it's that X you see I am interested in it.

RiRi

Right.....18%
Left.......62%

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Overall you appear to be Left Brain Dominant

No Longer Here

Right - 32%

Left - 58%

MagicBard

Brain Lateralization Test Results

Right Brain |||||| 28% Left Brain |||||||||||||||| 64%

Very weird for me because I am left handed, i though the right side of the brain was more dominant with lefties.

ponz

Right brain: 22%

Left brain: 66%

I wonder where the other 12% went... o.o

Oh, and I've done this test with NT friends, and they were almost all left brained as well. Since neither side of the brain can work independently, I'm not sure there's much stock in this whole right side vs left side testing.

Edited by ponz

Eustace

According to the test -

Right Brain |||||| 22% Left Brain |||||||||||||||||||| 88%

Means absolutely nothing though, for two reasons: 1, there is no link on the website as to where the questions come from and how the respective results are arrived at, thus, the test is unverifiable. 2, The questions are far too direct, which can lead one to exaggerated responses, which therefore rule the results inaccurate.

It's like the online "Aspie test" thing, it can never be used to justify one's belief.

Eustace.

Edited by Eustace

null

Right 66% Left 32%. "*Results won't usually add up to 100% as this test measures each side independently.'

'Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.'

That's more of less accurate for me, other than lacking attention to detail. It feels a bit lonely being one of the only 'right brain dominant' people on the forum

Edited by Laddo

Eustace

'Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at ... visualizing things'

See this is what bring me to be very reluctant to believe these tests. According to them, I'm 88% left brained, why then, do I picture every single thing in mind via detailed pictures? Why is my writing, language, imagination, memory, and logical problem solving brilliant? Surely these two things contradict the "left vs right" model of personal strengths and weaknesses.

I'd imagine that the makers of the test would bypass the question with a "There can be exceptions" though.

Eustace.