nzory0.jpg

This is a bubble tube :)

Want one!

Kuribo [old account]

nzory0.jpg

This is a bubble tube :)

I love those things! :P

iggy

Beanbags are good, perhaps you could get one?

Saveyourscissors

I would like to yeah, do you know anywhere to buy them that's not crazy expensive?

Sofi

I would love a sensory room. There was one in the school I worked in a few years back that I loved (to the extent I would spend my lunch times in there if no classes had booked it). It had 2 bubble tubes, soft cushions, a small soft play corner and various complex lighting rigs that only 2 or 3 people could work properly.......... It also had some fibre optics, a projector-type thing and a mirror/light infinity tunnel thing. Everything was controlled by a giant black box to program them all. It was a magical place and I kind of resented having anyone other than the children in there, it felt like a place for relaxation and de-stressing, not sensory stories!

The music was always the same:

which I have become very fond of.

There was also a place called Scotland Yard in edinburgh which had a nice sensory room but no bubble tubes (One of our boys managed to get the top off the tube and peed in it :P ). My personal preference would be for a mix of these 2.

Oh yeah, at my school? That sounds like the sensory room. I liked it. I went to sleep in the soft play sometimes. 

Scotland Yard sensory room was good too. it is much better since it got re-done up.

I have a sensory corner in my spare room with bubble tube, canopy, big Ikea green leaf, air bean bag thing, soft things, massager, blanket with lights, weighted blankets but I usually have the weighted blankets in my room for my bed.

Saveyourscissors

I have a sensory corner in my spare room with bubble tube, canopy, big Ikea green leaf, air bean bag thing, soft things, massager, blanket with lights, weighted blankets but I usually have the weighted blankets in my room for my bed.

That's what I'd like bubble tube mood lights/low lighting dark room soft comfy place!

Do you have a photo of yours Sofi? I'd really like to see it!! :)

Shōnen Bat

Oh yeah, at my school? That sounds like the sensory room. I liked it. I went to sleep in the soft play sometimes. 

Scotland Yard sensory room was good too. it is much better since it got re-done up.

That's the one. It was very relaxing and falling alseep was a danger if I was sleepy. I don't think I saw the new Scotland Yard room, when was it re-done?

Pinky and his brain

Those bubble tubes are so ridiculous expensive. I just searched for them...arrrggg.... 1700 Euro (£1500) for one tube.

Ohh nooo, I don't need one now.   :o   If I want one, I'll just have to build one myself. :P

Sofi

That's the one. It was very relaxing and falling alseep was a danger if I was sleepy. I don't think I saw the new Scotland Yard room, when was it re-done?

Scotland Yard was re designed about 2 years ago I think, it was done with money from Children in Need and it was on a TV programme about it getting re-done. I only went to see what it was like now and it is great! It is much better.