Saveyourscissors

Anxiousness

aspiesw

Chlo? Could you keep something in your pocket for when you get nervous? Like a stress ball for instance (I can't myself, because I feel sorry for the stress ball getting squeezed within an inch of its life), or blutac, so that when you're feeling anxious you have something to hold onto and squeeze, I'm willing to give it a go so I can stop biting my hands, it may help you :)

Saveyourscissors

That's for the idea but I don't have anything like that I have a fiddly thing but it doesn't stop me biting. It's fine it doesn't hurt until it bruises really, I pull hair out to without realising if I twiddle in so I want some tangles to try and stop me doing it to hair when anxious and to my tangles instead but I need some money first. I Gould get some stuff for biting but I don't think it would stop me. My hands are cover in bites as are my arms. And bruises here there and everywhere on arms, legs etc /: it's not to great at the moment :(

aspiesw

That's for the idea but I don't have anything like that I have a fiddly thing but it doesn't stop me biting. It's fine it doesn't hurt until it bruises really, I pull hair out to without realising if I twiddle in so I want some tangles to try and stop me doing it to hair when anxious and to my tangles instead but I need some money first. I Gould get some stuff for biting but I don't think it would stop me. My hands are cover in bites as are my arms. And bruises here there and everywhere on arms, legs etc /: it's not to great at the moment :(

Could you get Josh to buy you one :)? If it would help that is :), if it doesn't stop the biting, it might help reduce it, I've tried to refrain from biting, but with work and tomorrow it's so hard :(

Saveyourscissors

Why would he buy it? We share our money so it's always both of us buying it? Neither of us have money /: plus it won't stop me bitin just pulling my hair/twiddling it to hard and it pulling out etc. I'll always bite, it's what I do. Don't worry my hands are covered from today and arms, I have red bites everywhere :(operation hope nobody notices at work tomorrow :(

aspiesw

I sure could use some blutac right now. Eek! Change of routine, AS group, I've gotta get ready really quick and do a stupid logo! :(

Saveyourscissors

Don't have blutac plus I think it's gross and dirty! Oh dear! What times the group?

Nesf

Chlo? Could you keep something in your pocket for when you get nervous? Like a stress ball for instance (I can't myself, because I feel sorry for the stress ball getting squeezed within an inch of its life), or blutac, so that when you're feeling anxious you have something to hold onto and squeeze, I'm willing to give it a go so I can stop biting my hands, it may help you :)

I have a similar problem with biting and tearing the skin on my lips to the point where they bleed, and I do the same to spots on my face. It's really bad because the spots on my face really show and look bad. I wish I could do something about this. If anyone finds something that works I'd like to know. Worry beads which you can get here work to some extent, but it still doesn't stop me. Sean, I hope the AS group went well.

aspiesw

Don't have blutac plus I think it's gross and dirty! Oh dear! What times the group?

We discussed blutac at the meeting, and there was a general consensus that it helps take your mind off the anxiety because it gives you a distraction, it's not the most orthodox solution, but I'll give it a try :), I feel like I need to have some in my pocket all the time, especially after today. The group was 6, I had to get a tram from work because if I got the train back to my car, I wouldn't have been able to make it to the meeting on time

Edited by aspiesw

brookeloveslotr

When I get anxious, worry, or overthink, I tend to get headaches.