Saveyourscissors

Anxiousness

lao tzu

chewing gum might help with biting,a lot of football managers chew it at matches when they seem stressed.

Saveyourscissors

I can't have chewing gum because of my allergy, none of them are ok for me. Thank you though :)

We discussed blutac at the meeting, and there was a general consensus that it helps take your mind off the anxiety because it gives you a distraction, it's not the most orthodox solution, but I'll give it a try :), I feel like I need to have some in my pocket all the time, especially after today. The group was 6, I had to get a tram from work because if I got the train back to my car, I wouldn't have been able to make it to the meeting on time

Each to there own as I said i think it's gross feels horrible is always dirty and I just hate the stuff.

When I get anxious, worry, or overthink, I tend to get headaches.

me too. I have headaches all the time :(

Echo

I've just arrived back after meeting with my psychologist. Today we discussed my anxiety issues. I'm going to try out her suggested techniques over the next couple of weeks. The main technique she suggested was: Mindful breathing (there are plenty of videos that explain this is on the net). She also suggested that I visit: Get.org  - a self-help website with worksheets, explanations etc... It's worth a "shot" (although they are not guaranteed to work for everybody).   

brookeloveslotr

I've found that petting a dog or holding a calm baby can help soothe anxiety. Both have calming effects to people.

L Lawliet

I've found that petting a dog or holding a calm baby can help soothe anxiety. Both have calming effects to people.

Animals calm me yes, a small baby doesn't. I panic that I'll drop them or they'll cry or throw up on me or something :P Ahaha!

Toran

Animals calm me yes, a small baby doesn't. I panic that I'll drop them or they'll cry or throw up on me or something :P Ahaha!

Babys require special care and are totally relient on you and im not responsible enough any how so i i avoid ever being in that situation.

Saveyourscissors

I agree with that 100% :) my dog calms me more than anything I always want her when I'm anxious. Also babies do as well and children I love the way children work not a worry in the world, such imagination and in love kids I want at least 4 of my own :) I've always been good with babies and children!

Nesf

Babys require special care and are totally relient on you and im not responsible enough any how so i i avoid ever being in that situation.

I don't think I could cope with a baby either, that's why I never wanted to have children.

Toran

I don't think I could cope with a baby either, that's why I never wanted to have children.

I had a daughter i think ive said before but i couldnt cope to clumssey and just didnt have what it took to be a father sad but true.

aspiesw

I've had to suppress my urge to bite all day in front of my mom as I've constantly been thinking of embarrassing moments at work, god knows why