Saveyourscissors

Anxiousness

Saveyourscissors

Why do you have to suppress it in front of your mum? :s

aspiesw

Why do you have to suppress it in front of your mum? :s

Mainly because it was on the train that I had these thoughts, I haven't yet spoke to her about my biting, with her being a counsellor I'd expect her to suggest alternatives to biting that wouldn't work for me

Saveyourscissors

She's your mum she must know you bite yourself? :/ if not then it means you can control it? Which is good but then she'd be right to suggest other alternatives if your in control? Maybe it would be good to talk to her about it? :) I've just realised I've not text you back yet my bad!!

aspiesw

She's your mum she must know you bite yourself? :/ if not then it means you can control it? Which is good but then she'd be right to suggest other alternatives if your in control? Maybe it would be good to talk to her about it? :) I've just realised I've not text you back yet my bad!!

She doesn't know, I'm good at hiding it :), one of my many talents is hiding things from people. I'm sure I'll tell her eventually, I've explained my Aspergers to her - the majority of it, and my depression, so I feel I can open up to her about things. But at the same time, I feel like she still doesn't fully understand me, in the tourist centre today, she asked me to speak to a member of staff for directions, I just stared at her and said 'really?'

Save it till tomorrow, I have tons to speak to you about, stuff I need to get off my chest, but I should be sleeping now, lol

Nedarb

I've had to suppress my urge to bite all day in front of my mom as I've constantly been thinking of embarrassing moments at work, god knows why

I also bite my nails when I get nervous. If its something you do to cope, your mom should be understanding about it :)  

Toran

I've had to suppress my urge to bite all day in front of my mom as I've constantly been thinking of embarrassing moments at work, god knows why

You need to control this by any means possible and talk to somebody who you feel comfortable with as soon as you can. Ive had two months of coming to terms with my daughters self harm. Started off small then she started on her legs stomack and then arms until she was admitted to hospital just before christmas when she nearly died. I dont know you or your problems but get help soon urgently to help stop these thoughts in your head.

Saveyourscissors

When I bite which occurs everyday pretty much I cannot control it so I take my hat of to you Sean! You should be happy/proud you've adapted to control it :) biting my hands/arms/fingers/legs is something I do involuntarily when I'm anxious I don't even realise until I'm calm and it's marked or hurts /: it's not something I think about or contemplate it just happens before I can stop or control it type thing! Amis there anything specific tryouts so to stop it?

Toran

When I bite which occurs everyday pretty much I cannot control it so I take my hat of to you Sean! You should be happy/proud you've adapted to control it :) biting my hands/arms/fingers/legs is something I do involuntarily when I'm anxious I don't even realise until I'm calm and it's marked or hurts /: it's not something I think about or contemplate it just happens before I can stop or control it type thing! Amis there anything specific tryouts so to stop it?

I think you can overcome anything if you want to bad enough if you dont give in. The minds a funny non physical thing that does listen if you keep on at it long enough. Doctors use tablets that are nothing but harmless ingrediates not medication yet patients says they work and they feel better. Your in control of the mind take control if you think it has control of you it always will have because you believe it.

Saveyourscissors

I'm not in control if I don't know I'm doing it! I if I'm in that way I am not aware it's happened at all

aspiesw

All I really do is suppress it, which is quite unhealthy