Saveyourscissors

Anxiousness

Toran

All I really do is suppress it, which is quite unhealthy

Suppressing something is the other side of the coin of dealing with it . Sometimes its good to let things out but not this it will give you release until its not enough and you need worse to deal with how your feeling . Are you in contact with your doctor over these harmfull feelings.

Bruce

What are you biting? Nails? I still bite mine.... Which doesn't really even help but it's not something anybody's currently on at me to change, so....

Bruce

I've just arrived back after meeting with my psychologist. Today we discussed my anxiety issues. I'm going to try out her suggested techniques over the next couple of weeks. The main technique she suggested was: Mindful breathing (there are plenty of videos that explain this is on the net). She also suggested that I visit: Get.org  - a self-help website with worksheets, explanations etc... It's worth a "shot" (although they are not guaranteed to work for everybody).   

I can't find the site! The top result is Georgia Ensemble Theatre.... :huh:

L Lawliet

All I really do is suppress it, which is quite unhealthy

I suppress my feelings too, or "bottling up" as they say. It can be unhealthy yes but then at the same time, opening up to people for me can be more unhealthy, because it leaves me feeling vulnerable and then I put up more defenses to combat the vulnerability. Vicious circle for me.

Everyone has their coping mechanisms and I don't think being an open book is necessarily the "right" way to cope with things, I think it is just "one" way and probably the most effective way of dealing.

Depends on the person and their own stability. As is true with everything, it depends on the person but if your coping mechanism is physically harming you or others, then that's when it can become unhealthy. Well done for controlling it though :)

Toran

I suppress my feelings too, or "bottling up" as they say. It can be unhealthy yes but then at the same time, opening up to people for me can be more unhealthy, because it leaves me feeling vulnerable and then I put up more defenses to combat the vulnerability. Vicious circle for me.

Everyone has their coping mechanisms and I don't think being an open book is necessarily the "right" way to cope with things, I think it is just "one" way and probably the most effective way of dealing.

Depends on the person and their own stability. As is true with everything, it depends on the person but if your coping mechanism is physically harming you or others, then that's when it can become unhealthy. Well done for controlling it though :)

Thats very well said it explains what i was trying to say but i never got the message across as well as you did. It is up to the individual whats the best way to deal with things for them what suites one wont always been good for another.

Saveyourscissors

What are you biting? Nails? I still bite mine.... Which doesn't really even help but it's not something anybody's currently on at me to change, so....

I'm not sure who your asking but me personally, hands, palms fingers, knuckles, arms, legs, cheek, lips anywhere I can reach pretty much!

Echo

I can't find the site! The top result is Georgia Ensemble Theatre.... :huh:

Sorry, the web address has changed. It's now: http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/  or try this: http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/freedownloads2.htm 

If these don't work: try typing "get self help" in google. It should be the first to appear in the list.

Hope this works for you x

Edited by Echo

L Lawliet

I'm not sure who your asking but me personally, hands, palms fingers, knuckles, arms, legs, cheek, lips anywhere I can reach pretty much!

Mine's the inside of my cheeks usually until they're red raw. I also bite my lips or my hands and fingers. My cheeks I do everyday, the others are rarer. I fidget and leg bounce when I'm agitated :P

aspiesw

I bite my fingers and hands

Saveyourscissors

Mine's the inside of my cheeks usually until they're red raw. I also bite my lips or my hands and fingers. My cheeks I do everyday, the others are rarer. I fidget and leg bounce when I'm agitated :P

I do it all most days if anxiety hits it's probably the first thing I do /: