Saveyourscissors

Anxiousness

Saveyourscissors

My anxiety hit a whole new level today /: not in a good place right now.

InDubioVeritas

My anxiety hit a whole new level today /: not in a good place right now.

:(

Sad to read that.

Was there a particular trigger? Would discussing it help?

I am only a PM away if you want to vent or someone to talk to.

Nesf

My anxiety is worse when I have to go out or have to attend some social event I know I won't do well at, or when I have a lot of lessons. Right now I'm at home alone and I feel quite relaxed. If I feel anxious the best thing is to go to my room to relax and lie down with my arm over my eyes, this usually calms me down.

Saveyourscissors

Yes there was a cause but I don't think I should talk about the cause cause I don't want to upset anyone /:

I had to go and see my mum due to being unable to control my anxiety or calm down. Not good really. Thank god for ear defenders and tangles as it would have been much worse without them /:

Toran

Yes there was a cause but I don't think I should talk about the cause cause I don't want to upset anyone /:

I had to go and see my mum due to being unable to control my anxiety or calm down. Not good really. Thank god for ear defenders and tangles as it would have been much worse without them /:

This is my point exactly we cant control our emotions.

Bruce

Funny, I don't know anybody who thinks that 'we can't control our emotions'.....

weebo

anxiety is very hard to deal with :-( its one thing i struggle with big time its really hard, i have started CBT therapy and i think its not helping and i find out i only get 6 sessions!! 3 down this is stupid :-(   

InDubioVeritas

anxiety is very hard to deal with :-( its one thing i struggle with big time its really hard, i have started CBT therapy and i think its not helping and i find out i only get 6 sessions!! 3 down this is stupid :-(   

Six sessions does indeed strike me as woefully inadequate. To my knowledge, six weeks is the very lowest allocation possible under the standard NHS guidelines for CBT, but for any complex condition or treatment resistant patient, six sessions is patently insufficient.

I would certainly request more sessions - there is usually a facility to increase the allocation at the discretion of the therapist.

Beyond that, you could contact an advocate at MIND, NAS or DIAL if you find yourself being denied necessary care and would feel more comfortable with someone acting on your behalf.

I hope that helps.

Nesf

I tried CBT but it wasn't particularly effective. It works for some but not for others. A certain low level of anxiety is always with me because I tend to dwell on problems rather than move on and put them behind me, but it increases if I find myself in an unfamiliar situation which I can't control, and I'm always anxious in social situations, even with people I know. My usual way of coping with anxiety is supressing it in order to go about my daily business, and then dealing with it later.